cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 6 - rotate display before start bootanim

andrzejdziedzic
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have a device with i.MX6 and Android 6, it uses the accelerometer to rotate display.

The problem is when device starts in the upside down orientation:

- bootanim is shown,

- Launcher app starts, inside onCreate() the app sets a reverse orientation (this is not visible as bootanim is still visible),

- bootanim is closed - after that Launcher app is shown, but for a short time is visible in a normal orientation until Android rotates the screen.

Is there any way to rotate Android display at the beginning, before start bootanim?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

andrzejdziedzic
Contributor IV

Hi jimmychan 

I know how to change the boot logo animation, or just modify the bootanim source to display existing animation upside down.

The problem is different, please see my scenario:

1. System starts in the normal, the bootanim is shown on screen.

2. Launcher starts and set the reverse orientation - but this is not visible, Android doesn't change orientation because the bootanim is shown.

3. The bootanim is hidden, as a result Android shows the Launcher and changes orientation to requested one - but this happens with some delay. So in fact:

- for about 100ms the Launcher is shown with initial orientation,

- then screen rotates to the correct orientation.

Do you have any idea how to avoid this.

As I know during orientation changes Android freezes screen updates until a window is painted. Maybe is it possible to extend the freeze time?

0 Kudos