Android 6.0. How to define partition sizes?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 6.0. How to define partition sizes?

sumanthg
Contributor II

In android, we have /system /cache /misc /userdata partition. In the Boardconfig.mk file we can define the specific partition sizes for this android 

But, After flashing the android images to the imx6dl device. 

the system partition was not created correctly?

For example: 

system partition size = 576.6 MB but in boardconfig.mk file it was defined as 600MB why?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

sumanthg
Contributor II

In MFG tool the system size is defined as 800MB but in Android Guide it was defined as 512MB Why is difference

And one more doubt, if i change cache size in mksdcard-android.sh.tar file to 800MB and  I didn't change the size of cache partition in the source code "/device/fsl/im6/boardcommonconfig.mk". And i flashed the android images to the imx6dp processor.

After the android booted up. i look up in the *df* command it should cache parition size is "771.4MB" 

1. why this happens like this?

MFG tool             android source code                  After the device boot up through *df* cmd it shows

cache partition    800MB                 424MB                                        771.4MB

2.if, i what to change the /cache partition in android source code. what is the location?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sumanth

one can check sect.5.1.1 Storage partitions attached Android Guide
and look at script mksdcard-android.sh.tar in MfgTools on
http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos