Android 12L running on QuadMax does not display any output on Asus Proart displays PA147CDV

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12L running on QuadMax does not display any output on Asus Proart displays PA147CDV

m_selukar
Contributor I

We are running Android 12L on i.MX8 QuadMax and connected two Asus Proart PA147CDV on LVDS0_CH0 and LVDS1_CH0 but we are not getting any display output. These two displays are perfectly working with Windows laptop

0 Kudos
5 Replies

m_selukar
Contributor I

Yes, we are using the same Asus Proart display.

We are trying to connect i.MX mini SAS cable with LVDS-to-HDMI adapter and then HDMI to Proart display.

The board is your EVK board. (i.MX 8QuadMax/QuadPlus Multisensory Enablement Kit | NXP Semiconductors)

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @m_selukar

Thank you for your reply.

You can check on the Android Quick Start Guide section 8.4.3 Booting with dual LVDS-to-HDMI displays, there are some U-Boot environment variables that you will need to set for this functionality.
Link to download documentation: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=12.1.0_1.0.0_DOCS

Please try and tell me if it works.

0 Kudos

m_selukar
Contributor I

I tried that but still it didn't work.

Also, I tried to set environment for HDMI and that also didn't work.

Any other monitor is able to show display but not this Asus Proart display.

I am able to get following output for command: dumpsys SurfaceFlinger --display-id

Display 4613572004766609408 (HWC display 0): port=0 pnpId=AUS displayName="ASUS PA147"
Display 4613572004766609410 (HWC display 2): port=2 pnpId=AUS displayName="ASUS PA147"

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @m_selukar,

Thank you for your reply.

I have reviewed this case in detail, and it seems that the problem is related to your display resolution.

The i.MX8QM supports two displays with an interface LVDS to HDMI with a resolution up to 1920x1080.

Your ASUS ProArt PA147CDV has a resolution 1920x550 that must be properly managed by the processor. However, the driver that implements the LVDS to HDMI converter and the signals for the HDMI output supports by default the resolutions provided in the standard CEA 861.

Unfortunately, 1920x550 is not part of these resolutions and you will need to customize the drivers to acquire this value.

Is important to say that this customization requires a great effort and also may present issues with the implementation on Android.   

Please have a look on the following thread:

Re: Multi-display support on iMX8QM running Androi... - NXP Community

You could find the drivers mentioned on that thread here:

Driver for IT6263 (IC used in the LVDS to HDMI converter)

linux-imx/drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/it6263.c at lf-6.1.y · nxp-imx/linux-imx · GitHub

EDID

linux-imx/drivers/gpu/drm/drm_edid.c at lf-6.1.y · nxp-imx/linux-imx · GitHub 

I hope this information will be helpful. 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @m_selukar

Thank you for contacting NXP Support.

First, could you please confirm that you are trying to connect the following display?
ProArt Display PA147CDV|Monitors|ASUS Global

Based on the information provided on the website this monitor is connected by HDMI. Are you trying using the i.MX mini SAS cable with LVDS-to-HDMI adapter?

If not, could you please tell me your interface connection?

Finally, are you trying with a custom board or with our EVK?

Have a great day!

0 Kudos