cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andorid not update screen data to new framebuffer

mark_yang1
Contributor I

Hi NXP,

Our platform is IMX8MM EVK , we use IMX8MM ECSPI2 to connect EPSON S1D13C00 (SPI) IC with MIP panel (memory in pixel panel).

We remove imx8mm default  DSI-2-HDMI(adv7511) , and remove default DSI panel ( m67191 ) dtsi setting to remove default framebuffer ,and implement new SPI driver , and register_framebuffer new fb0 under linux (/dev/graphics/fb0).

until now, we have /dev/graphics/fb0. But when imx8mm evk boot into Android Screen , the data of /dev/graphics/fb0 always not change. It mean Android did not update screen data into our new /dev/graphics/fb0 .

Could NXP provide some advise how to make Android update screen data into our new /dev/graphics/fb0  ?

---Our platform environment--

.IMX8mm EVK

.Android P(9) code base -Android p9.0.0_2.3.1 

.EPSON S1D13C00 IC

.MIP panel

---------------------------------------

.attach our logcat , and s1d13c00 driver , boardconfig.mk, dtsi files.

Mark Yang

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mark_yang1
Contributor I

Hi Diego,

We found Andoid logo can show on our MIP panel after set color depth to 24 bit. It seem Android did not support 6bit color , so we transfer 24 bit to 6 bit before write pixel data to EPSON S1D13C00.

But our MIP screen screen always show "penguin logo" during boot into Android.

Also we notice imx8mm only support DRM display not framebuffer Display after we check imx8mm relate document.

We implement EPSON S1D13C00 ad TINYDRM driver on imx8mm , but is always show show "penguin logo" during boot into Android. We also use MODETEST test tools to test our TINYDRM driver, it can show color bar when we sumit below command : " modetest -M s1d13c00-drm -s 29:240x320 ".

Could NXP advise "Whether imx8mm can support TINYDRM driver ?", "Is NXP verify TINYDRM can work on imx8mm evk Android 9 platform?"

Thanks.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Hello, our BSP does not have the support of the Tiny DRM driver. You can implement it on your own. However, we cannot support this modification of the BSP. If you need help with the implementation, I suggest you go with professional service support. Since this is out of the scope of free support.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, this problem is out of our scope of support. You will need to implement your new HAL with the new driver that you have created. Otherwise, the Android framework will not know how to interpret the new driver. If you need help with this problem, I suggest you contact professional service support.

Professional Support for Processors and Microcontrollers | NXP 

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos