cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always on power mode for i.mx 8M mini

Jump to solution
ivo_kamalis
Contributor I

How could be schematic modified (based on i.MX8M Mini Reference Board), that board is always on whenever supply input voltage is available i.e. on_off button is not even connected and should not be pushed. Some power saving modes might be needed but can be enabled/disabled through software?

Thx

Ivo

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The following scheme, using i.MX8Mm PMIC_ON_REQ signal, is implemented on the i.MX8Mm EVK.

First power on --> SNVS voltages are generated at PMIC automatically and the processor asserts

PMIC_ON_REQ to power up the whole PMIC and then - the whole processor.

At the first power up, i.MX8Mm PMIC_ON_REQ signal is asserted when i.MX8M SNVS voltages

(VDD_SNVS, NVCC_SNVS) appear (without ONOFF button).

Have a great day,

Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
ivo_kamalis
Contributor I

So in general it means when receiving power first time it always starts up? And than only after button press go to sleep and off modes. To achieve always on mode, power button can be omitted and PMIC_ON_REQ signal needs to be connected?

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Correct.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos