Did you mean: 

Altium Files for i.MX6ULtraLite Evaluation Kit

escobedomoises
Contributor II

Hello i.MX6 team,

does any body have Altium Files for the

i.MX6ULtraLite Evaluation Kit

I have tried importing the OrCAD files but they seem to be in Binary form

and Altium does not support this file format.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

nascimento
Contributor I

Hi

For all of you that have this problem. There is a simpler way to do this.

When the files are converted from the original ones to Altium there are no errors, but nothing appear on the PCB Window.

The reason is the difference viewing areas on the two softwares.

After you importing the Layout from Orcad. You must go to Altium Designer PCB list tab there you will find that almost all references (x,y) are bigger than 3000 mm.

Now you have make fit board, then select all objects outside area and define a small area on the bottom left corner of the pcb Window.

This is almost done, now select the command MOVE Selection by x,y.

enter -1500mm in x and y.

Now all the components are on the viewing area.

attached files with converted files.

Regards

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p363jnuz6yw8jc/LAY-28616_C1.zip?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/chccwkxv29asc69/LAY-28617_C1.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chccwkxv29asc69/LAY-28617_C1.zip?dl=0

0 Kudos

Ferrarezi_b
Contributor I

Hello nascimento

What did you do to change all items from the PCB LIST?

I've tried to send a private message for your but I did not succeed.

Best regards.

Bruno Ferrarezi

0 Kudos

mathanmani
Contributor I

Hi,

I have some issues on this board OTG cannaot power up by usb. checked short on capacitors. there is no short, but cap also no response while power up. If any ideas pls share.

Thanks,

Mathan M

0 Kudos

b36835
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mathan and Karina,

You need our i.MX team help you to check the OTG power up problem.
Meanwhile please check the PMIC PF3000 Boost regulator if it works correctly when system need its 5.0V output to drive the OTG.

Thanks,

Sean

NXP PMIC team

0 Kudos

nascimento
Contributor I

Hello Bruno

I have the full design converted with Libraries I will share it.

This way you can continue from here.

it is missing the rules for PCB, some of them are not directly converted.

You have to open the original Files/Gerbers to create the missing pcb roles on altium.

Dropbox - IMX6UL.zip

0 Kudos

stevendetremmer
Contributor I

Moises,

You have to use CAMTASTIC (Available in altium) and import the gerber, from the gerber you can generate a ALTIUM PCB file.

One disadvantage is that the package info is gone.

BR

Steven

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

See attached file. This attachment contains schematic of this board in Altium format.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

escobedomoises
Contributor II

Hello Pavel,

Thank you so much for the files.

That was very useful.

But do you have the PCB Files as well?

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use design files for this board:

http://www.freescale.com/products/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-processors-based-on-arm-cores/i.m...

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

b36835
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi all,

I downgrade the i.MX 6UL 14x14 + PMIC PF3000 (KIT6UL-3000 EVM, SCH-29105 Rev.C) Cadence Orcad Schematic and Board Layout file to lower version.

See the attachment: SCH-29105_C LAY-29105_C by Tool Cadence Orcad and Allegro Lower Version.zip, it includes:

Schematic(SCH-29105_C) down to Cadence Orcad V16.2, named: SCH-29105 CADENCE TOOL VERSION 16-2.DSN.

Layout (LAY-29105_C) down to Cadence AllegroV16.3, named: LAY-29105_C CADENCE Tool Version 16-3.brd.

Above can be import Altium tool.

Thanks,

Sean

samuellopez
Contributor I

Hello Zhi Liu,

I've tried to import your last .brd file using Altium Import Wizard but I always get the same result, a grey PCB document. I'm not able to troubleshoot this problem, the importation doesn't report any error. I've also tried to convert the .brd (binary) to .alg (ascii) but I got the same result.

Is it needed any configuration? Did you succeed in importing the .brd file into Altium?

PS: I'm using Altium Version 16.0.5 (Build 271)

BR,

Samuel

0 Kudos