After 3x24 hours test, iMX8M stress test tool stop running without any error or tip.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 3x24 hours test, iMX8M stress test tool stop running without any error or tip.

liangzhao
Contributor I

How can I know the stop reason? It coul be the stress test tool problem, or the UART problem, or the memory problem.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

liangzhao
Contributor I

This time we use V3.00 DDR Tool and V24 RPA. And after almost 6x24hours, the test stop again. 

And again there is no clear error message and tip.

Please see the attatchment for .ds file and software screenshot. The last line show something I don't understand.

I have to ask is there any internal test report about the V3.00 DDR Tool? How long had it been tested for long time operation.

Tks.

0 Kudos

liangzhao
Contributor I

Attachment

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Liang

reason may be poor soldering, one can try to resolder chip.

Also may be recommended to check power supplies stability/ripples using

i.MX8M Hardware Developer’s Guide

Try latest RPA tool and latest version of ddr test

i.MX8 MSCALE SERIES DDR Tool Release (V3.00) 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

liangzhao
Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov

I am using the V3.00 version to run the test for almost 24 hours under 50 degreee temperature. And I do find there are differents of the register configuraiton between the new and old version.

And as a user, I recommend the tool have detail error message to tell the reason of stop running. I mean to make sure that the tool do know which test part is wrong. Or just disconnet from the UART communication. Or other reason.

0 Kudos