cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new libraries to the current SDK

manjunathjoshi
Contributor V

Hello All,

I am building a qt based multimedia image. I have already built the toolchain-qt5.

Now i want to add some libraries to this SDK.

One method i followed is to build it again. But there is no change.

So is there any way that one may bitbake again or change the build directory or something like that? Just that the current libraries for new programs that i have previously baked should work. I mean to say i have added certain programs to current bitbake process and bake is successful.

But i want to execute them as ./ with new SDK.

My belief is that previous SDK might not work for the current program. It is so because my program uses dynamic libraries that should be linked run time. That is exactly why i don't think existing SDK won't work.

Regards,

Manju

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Are you trying to add other packages to your rootfs?

If so you can try to  modify your local.conf file and add the needed pacakges using IMAGE_INSTALL_append.

For example:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " linux-firmware iw"

And then bitbake your image.

Maybe I am misunderstanding but you can find the images and libraries used for development under tmp/sysroots/

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

manjunathjoshi
Contributor V

Hello Alejandro,

Sorry my communication is very stupid sometimes. I am not trying to add packages to rootfs. In fact rootfs is not in question here.

In question here is the toolchain.

If i have done "bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5" and i find that some libraries are missing in qt5-toolchain. It is possible because i have added few new packages which require new libraries. I mean to say when we add new packages to rootfs, which require few libraries which are not present in toolchain.

What is that i need to do in such a situation. Whether i need to bitbake again? which i have done and it was waste of time.

Is there any alternate method that we can employ to update the toolchain that is already built? This is one question.

Regards,

Manju

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Which libraries are  missing?

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

manjunathjoshi
Contributor V

Hello Alejandro,

This is one for example (media player related)

libmediaplayer.so.1.0.0,

This helps running applications set for testing such players.

For example,

Play,

Pause,

deinterlace,

Run

....etc.

Regards,

manju

0 Kudos