cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new device tree files

hailiu
Contributor IV

hello every one,

I am trying to port kernel by adding new device tree. I know I can modify an old file to do the porting, but I want to have a new file (with a new name), so I need to patch the arc/arm/boot/dts/Makefile to include my dts file.  I use .bbappend file to patch Makefile and copy my dts file to dts directory. If I bitbake the image first time, the patch fails, if I bitbake it again, the patch is successful. Is there anyway to path it successfully the first time? following is the error message I got for the first pass:

ERROR: linux-imx-5.10.9+gitAUTOINC+32513c25d8-r0 do_patch: Could not apply patches for imx6solosmarthome.
ERROR: linux-imx-5.10.9+gitAUTOINC+32513c25d8-r0 do_patch: Patch failures can be resolved in the linux source directory /home/hai/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6solosmarthome-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/5.10.9+gitAUTOINC+32513c25d8-r0/git)
ERROR: linux-imx-5.10.9+gitAUTOINC+32513c25d8-r0 do_patch: Execution of '/home/hai/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6solosmarthome-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/5.10.9+gitAUTOINC+32513c25d8-r0/temp/run.do_patch.2537750' failed with exit code 1:
(1/1) Makefile.patch
[INFO]: check of .kernel-meta//patches//./Makefile.patch with "git am" did not pass, trying reduced context.
[INFO]: Context reduced git-am of .kernel-meta//patches//./Makefile.patch with "git am" did not work, trying "apply".
error: home/hai/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6solosmarthome-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/5.10.9+gitAUTOINC+32513c25d8-r0/git/arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile: does not exist in index
[ERROR]: Application of .kernel-meta//patches//./Makefile.patch failed.
Patch needs to be refreshed. Sample resolution script:
.git/rebase-apply/resolve_rejects
WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/hai/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6solosmarthome-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/5.10.9+gitAUTOINC+32513c25d8-r0/temp/log.do_patch.2537750
NOTE: recipe linux-imx-5.10.9+gitAUTOINC+32513c25d8-r0: task do_patch: Failed
ERROR: Task (/home/hai/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_5.10.bb:do_patch) failed with exit code '1'

thank you,

Hai

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply