cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add gplay to buildroot - iMX6DL

merlinthewizard
Contributor I

Hi to everyone.

I'm sorry if my question could be stupid, but I don't find gplay command in buildroot.

I usually work with Yocto and gstreamer-0.10, but on our actual platform we are using Buildroot 2018.02.12 - BusyBox 1.27.2 with gstreamer-1.0. Both systems ara based on iMX6DL.

I was used to play video using gplay. I added all gst packages but I can't find gplay on Buildroot. I only found gst-play-1.0 but I can't understand if it is the same thing, since it implements less command then gplay.

For example with gplay I'm able to rotate and resize the video, with gst-play-1.0 I can't.

Does anybody have any suggestion?

Thank you and sorry again if my question seems silly.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

gplay is already in our BSP. If you are using our official BSP release you just need to type gplay-1.0 in the terminal and you should be able to use it without a problem.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

turker
Contributor IV

If you use pipelines with gst-launch-1.0 to play videos, you can use for example imxipuvideotransform element to rotate them.

See i.MX6 GStreamer-imx Plugins - Tutorial & Example Pipelines and Yocto/gstreamer – Gateworks 

0 Kudos

merlinthewizard
Contributor I

Hi Tahsin,

Thank you for your answer. I already visited this page in the past, but I need to find gplay command.

0 Kudos