Add dbus, bluetoothd, hciattach and hciconfig to recovery image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add dbus, bluetoothd, hciattach and hciconfig to recovery image?

Jump to solution
thomasdamgaard
Contributor II

Hi,

I want to add the bluetooth services and tools (bluetoothd, dbus-daemon, hciconfig, hciattach etc.) to the recovery image.

I can see that they are placed in the system image, but I have no idea on how to add them to the recovery image.

Anyone able to help me?

/Thomas Fogh

1 Solution
israelpz
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Bluetoohd, dbus, etc are part of the filesystem so i suspect by recovery image you are referring to the filesystem.

In the MFG tool there are 3 kind of filesystem.

1) The minimal ram filesystem which is compress using cpio tool.

2) The normal or complete filesystem which is going to be written in the medium and is compress as tar archive.

3)  A variation of the last point if the medium is a NAND which instead a tar should be a jjfs2 filesystem.

The last two point is easy to generate if you are using ltib because after compile ltib is going to generate a directory rootfs and a achive rootfs.jffs2, the first one you need only to archive using tar cpf rootfs.tar rootfs/ and the seconds is already done.

Only copy those to the MFG tool OS firmware directory and maybe modify the script and is done. The first one cpio you need to compress the filesystem using the cpio tool or decompress the existing one and add your tools.

There's a Linux document on how do that i add the link.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/ramfs-rootfs-initramfs.txt

Linux cpio Examples: How to Create and Extract cpio Archives (and tar archives)

Regards,

-Israel.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Thomas

Has your question been answered? If yes, please click Correct answer/Helpful Answer, otherwise the DI will be closed in 3 days.

Regards,

Yixing

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Thomas

Has your question been answered? If yes, please click Correct answer/Helpful Answer, otherwise please keep work with our engineers with emails.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
israelpz
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Bluetoohd, dbus, etc are part of the filesystem so i suspect by recovery image you are referring to the filesystem.

In the MFG tool there are 3 kind of filesystem.

1) The minimal ram filesystem which is compress using cpio tool.

2) The normal or complete filesystem which is going to be written in the medium and is compress as tar archive.

3)  A variation of the last point if the medium is a NAND which instead a tar should be a jjfs2 filesystem.

The last two point is easy to generate if you are using ltib because after compile ltib is going to generate a directory rootfs and a achive rootfs.jffs2, the first one you need only to archive using tar cpf rootfs.tar rootfs/ and the seconds is already done.

Only copy those to the MFG tool OS firmware directory and maybe modify the script and is done. The first one cpio you need to compress the filesystem using the cpio tool or decompress the existing one and add your tools.

There's a Linux document on how do that i add the link.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/ramfs-rootfs-initramfs.txt

Linux cpio Examples: How to Create and Extract cpio Archives (and tar archives)

Regards,

-Israel.