Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accuracy of i.MX6DQ timers.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our customer have a question about i.MX6DQ.

They want to know the accuracy of each i.MX6DQ timers (GPT, EPIT, SRTC, ・・・).

Would you let me know it?

(e.g. GPT accuracy = PLL accuracy = 24MHz crystal accuracy, SRTC accuracy = 32kHz crystal accuracy)

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Accuracy of the mentioned timers also are affected by parameters of internal PLLs, which, strictly speaking, are not specified. In particular, we can refer to Table 2-20 (24 MHz crystal tolerance guidelines) of Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6 , assuming stability (thermal, voltage and other) of PLL output clock is fully defined by external crystal / oscillator, and i.MX6 meets USB, PCIe, Ethernet clock specs. 

< http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf >

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Accuracy of the mentioned timers also are affected by parameters of internal PLLs, which, strictly speaking, are not specified. In particular, we can refer to Table 2-20 (24 MHz crystal tolerance guidelines) of Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6 , assuming stability (thermal, voltage and other) of PLL output clock is fully defined by external crystal / oscillator, and i.MX6 meets USB, PCIe, Ethernet clock specs. 

< http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf >

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos