Accessing MIPI CSI Interface and camera from M4 core of NXP iMX8M Mini kit.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing MIPI CSI Interface and camera from M4 core of NXP iMX8M Mini kit.

koilarulraj
Contributor II

Hi,

We want to test MIPI camera from M4 core of iMX8MMini kit. Currently we are using the samples and procedure given in the following link,
https://blog.lazy-evaluation.net/posts/embedded/imx8mm-evk-m4-intro.html

From the downloaded SDK, we could see camera related samples such as, "examples/mekmimx8qm/driver_examples/isi/mipi_csi2/"

We need support in verifying the same in iMX8M Mini kit. Is there any reference to access MIPI CSI camera interface from M4 core in NXP iMX8M Mini kit? and how to access MIPI CSI interface of iMX8M Mini kit from M4 core?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @koilarulraj,

I hope you are doing well.

- Please refer to Chapter 13: Multimedia: MIPI CSI topic in imx8Mmini applications reference manual.
- The i.MX 8M provides two Camera Serial Interface 2 (MIPI CSI2) interfaces, 4 lanes each.
- The i.MX 8M MIPI CSI2 interface is comprised of the MIPI CSI Host Controller and the CSI2 bridge.
- Key parameters of both blocks are specified by the following child nodes in the root node of the arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-imx8mq.dtsi
- These are the reference links which may help further:

Thanks and Regards,
Sanket Parekh
0 Kudos

koilarulraj
Contributor II

Hi @Sanket_Parekh 

Thanks for the documents and links.

I still looking forward for some code samples to get started with MIPI interface in iMX8M Mini kit M4 core.

From the mcuxsdk, I could see few driver codes in the core directory as given below.

core/drivers/mipi_csi2rx/
core/components/video/

Can these driver files be used with iMX8MMini kit? If so, have you verified with any camera in iMX8M Mini?

Thanks and Regards,

Koil Arul Raj.S

0 Kudos

Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @koilarulraj 

I hope you are doing well.

• According to the Application note by NXP, one can add the drivers: cache, csi, i2c, i2c-freertos, lcdifv2, mipi_csi2rx, mipi_dsi, pit, pxp, soc_src for the system, camera, LCD, and display drives. 
  • Can these driver files be used with iMX8MMini kit? -Yes
  • Note: There are already some default drivers in the wizard. Keep them. The SDK software components could still be added to the SDK package if some are missed during the creation of the project.
  • One can follow the Porting guide for the Camera sensor, section 14: Supporting Cameras with CSI. To write a driver into the imx8 series, one can follow this community link: creating mipi_csi driver and imx8 mipi csi driver. Application note: AN13573
Thanks and Regards,
Sanket Parekh
0 Kudos