Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Maximum Ratings for VDD_REG of i.MX53

Jump to solution
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi all,

I want to confirm about Absolute Maximum Ratings for VDD_REG of i.MX53.

My cusoter're using i.MX53.

At our current board, voltage of about 2.6 V is applied due to overshoot at power on, possibly exceeding the operation range of 2.63 V due to ambient environment and part dispersion.

As a phenomenon, we think that there is no problem in operation as long as the margin with the maximum rated range is secured sufficiently due to overshoot before releasing RESET.

Could you tell me the Absolute Maximum Ratings for VDD_REG of i.MX53 ?

Ko-hey

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ko-hey

Table 5. Absolute Maximum Ratings i.MX53 datasheet shows

absoulte ratings for some voltages. There is no special VDD_REG data in that table,

so its Absolute Maximum Rating is the same as defined in Table 7. i.MX53xD Operating

Ranges - 2.63V (Max.).

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ko-hey

Table 5. Absolute Maximum Ratings i.MX53 datasheet shows

absoulte ratings for some voltages. There is no special VDD_REG data in that table,

so its Absolute Maximum Rating is the same as defined in Table 7. i.MX53xD Operating

Ranges - 2.63V (Max.).

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi igorpadykov

Thank you for your quick support.

However, assuming that the operating range = maximum rating, it can be imagined that there is only a margin of 5% and it can not be regarded as the maximum rating.

If it says that there is no regulation, could you confirm whether 10% margin (2.75 V) is OK or NG ?

Ko-hey

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ko-hey

> could you confirm whether 10% margin (2.75 V) is OK or NG ?

not, sorry.  Formal answer is:

Table 5. Absolute Maximum Ratings shows parameters which are

characterized on factory. There is no special VDD_REG data in that table,

it was not characterized on factory. So its

Absolute Maximum Rating is the same as defined in

Table 7. i.MX53xD Operating Ranges - 2.63V (Max.).

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos