Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the "libdir" in libstdc++.la

Jump to solution
xuebinzhou
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm working on a i.mx6q board with LTIB-3.0.35_4.1.0.

When I cross-compile the GDAL,there is a error like below:

/bin/sh /home/myzr/GIS/gdal-1.7.1/libtool --mode=link /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-g++ -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib/  -L/usr/local/lib -lgeos_c  -lm -lrt -ldl         -o libgdal.la /home/myzr/GIS/gdal-1.7.1/frmts/o/*.lo /home/myzr/GIS/gdal-1.7.1/gcore/*.lo /home/myzr/GIS/gdal-1.7.1/port/*.lo /home/myzr/GIS/gdal-1.7.1/alg/*.lo /home/myzr/GIS/gdal-1.7.1/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/o/*.lo ./ogr/ogrgeometryfactory.lo ./ogr/ogrpoint.lo ./ogr/ogrcurve.lo ./ogr/ogrlinestring.lo ./ogr/ogrlinearring.lo ./ogr/ogrpolygon.lo ./ogr/ogrutils.lo ./ogr/ogrgeometry.lo ./ogr/ogrgeometrycollection.lo ./ogr/ogrmultipolygon.lo ./ogr/ogrsurface.lo ./ogr/ogrmultipoint.lo ./ogr/ogrmultilinestring.lo ./ogr/ogr_api.lo ./ogr/ogrfeature.lo ./ogr/ogrfeaturedefn.lo ./ogr/ogrfeaturequery.lo ./ogr/ogrfeaturestyle.lo ./ogr/ogrfielddefn.lo ./ogr/ogrspatialreference.lo ./ogr/ogr_srsnode.lo ./ogr/ogr_srs_proj4.lo ./ogr/ogr_fromepsg.lo ./ogr/ogrct.lo ./ogr/ogr_opt.lo ./ogr/ogr_srs_esri.lo ./ogr/ogr_srs_pci.lo ./ogr/ogr_srs_usgs.lo ./ogr/ogr_srs_dict.lo ./ogr/ogr_srs_panorama.lo ./ogr/ogr_srs_ozi.lo ./ogr/ogr_srs_erm.lo ./ogr/swq.lo ./ogr/ogr_srs_validate.lo ./ogr/ogr_srs_xml.lo ./ogr/ograssemblepolygon.lo ./ogr/ogr2gmlgeometry.lo ./ogr/gml2ogrgeometry.lo ./ogr/ogr_expat.lo \

-rpath /usr/local/lib \

-no-undefined \

-version-info 15:1:14

/bin/grep: /work/fsl-linaro-toolchain-2.13/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/lib/default/libstdc++.la: No such file or directory

/bin/sed: can't read /work/fsl-linaro-toolchain-2.13/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/lib/default/libstdc++.la: No such file or directory

libtool: link: `/work/fsl-linaro-toolchain-2.13/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/lib/default/libstdc++.la' is not a valid libtool archive

make[1]: *** [libgdal.la] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myzr/GIS/gdal-1.7.1'

make: *** [check-lib] Error 2

I open the the file of libstdc++.la,the last line is:

libdir='/work/fsl-linaro-toolchain-2.13/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/lib/default'

But there is no path 'work' in my computer,what should I do?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xuebinzhou
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

When I cross-compiled the gdal-1.7.1 with proj-4.8.0 and geos-3.2.2.

I still meet this error.

So I have to do something for this error.

1.Locate all the  libstdc++.la files,and modify these files one by one.I replace the parameter of "libdir" with the path where the libstdc++.la file is.

2.I make the path "/work/fsl-linaro-toolchain-2.13/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/lib/default/",and copy one libstdc++.la to the path.

Then I rebuild dal-1.7.1

It works well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I just tried to use the LTIB to build the gdal without error. Please let me know if you still meet the error when you build it.

0 Kudos
xuebinzhou
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

When I cross-compiled the gdal-1.7.1 with proj-4.8.0 and geos-3.2.2.

I still meet this error.

So I have to do something for this error.

1.Locate all the  libstdc++.la files,and modify these files one by one.I replace the parameter of "libdir" with the path where the libstdc++.la file is.

2.I make the path "/work/fsl-linaro-toolchain-2.13/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/lib/default/",and copy one libstdc++.la to the path.

Then I rebuild dal-1.7.1

It works well.

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you installed the LTIB-3.0.35_4.1.0, the toolchain can be found in the /opt/freescale/usr/local/.

0 Kudos
xuebinzhou
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed the LTIB-3.0.35_4.1.0.

I have  succeeded in cross-compiling some projects,such as proj-4.8.0.

The toolchain is in /opt/freescale/usr/local/.

0 Kudos