About imx6 and imx7 use eim bus to transfer data there is a problem of time interval

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About imx6 and imx7 use eim bus to transfer data there is a problem of time interval

Contributor II

Hello everyone,
my development board is IMX7DSABRE. Linux kernel version is 4.9.88.
In the process of using eim for data transmission, I found that for every 32 bytes transmitted by the eim bus, there will be a certain idle time, and then I continue to transmit data. At first, I sent and received data through DMA, and found that there was a gap every 32 bytes. I thought it was caused by DMA. Later I found that I use non-dma way, there is still a gap every 32 bytes. Why is there a certain interval every 32 bytes transferred? This interval reduces the transmission speed of the eim bus. Is there any way to solve this interval? I found this problem on imx6d and imx7d.
The interval time is as follows:

em4_snapshot_1592815549694.png

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The issue relates to internal architecture of i.MX  devices, which is very complex

and is not optimized  especially for  fastest EIM operations.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Do you plan to optimize this time interval during EIM transmission? Is there any other way to increase the transmission rate of EIM?

0 Kudos

NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

864535720@qq.com 

There are no plans regarding the EIM. Such interfaces as PCIe, USB are intended for high

speed ops.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos