About i.MX8M Mini's WiFi usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About i.MX8M Mini's WiFi usage

Contributor I

I want to use i.MX8M Mini as a platform to carry a low-speed WiFi circuit with an interface of SPI or UART. I want to know if i.MX8M Mini has any restrictions on this design, or can I give some guidance.

Best wishes.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no any restriction for such a design. The i.MX8MMini processor has multiple SPI and UART interfaces and the corresponding software/driver support in the Linux BSP. For details, please refer to the i.MX8MMini Reference Manual document:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX8MMRM

and to the Linux BSP documentation that can be downloaded from here:

https://www.nxp.com/design/i-mx-developer-resources/i-mx-software-and-development-tools:IMX-SW

Best Regards,
Artur

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for your reply。I already understand the use of WiFi.

Now I have new problem,When I use the development board,8MMINILPD4-EVK, the two USB ports cannot be used at the same time, one of the other must be disabled to work properly, what's the reason.

In addition, my current design is one of the USB interface (Type C OTG) complete reference development board, the other USB interface is only used as a device.

Because of the above development board, I am very worried about my design.

The following picture is my USB device interface, because the USB OTG interface completely refers to the development board, so it will not be shown here. Please help me to see if there are any problems here.

キャプチャ.PNG

0 Kudos

mrudangshelat1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Liu,

Can you please share your use case in EVK? As in EVK board, one USB port is used for power up the system and another one is used for USB communication, and vise versa.

Mrudang

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi Mrudang,

I set USB2 to OTG, and set USB1 to slave, host or OTG in EVK, but the result is that USB1 cannot be recognized,USB2 can be used normally as OTG.

I disabled the USB2, only for power, set USB1 as host, slave or OTG, the result is that USB1 can be used normally.

What's going on that I am confused.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

mrudangshelat1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Liu,

We have set up the device same as your use case.

We have used Android 9.0.0.2.3.0 in which the kernel version is 4.14.98.
We have configured USB2 as an OTG (enable the node usbotg2 in device tree).
Then after we are able to access the board (i,MX8M Mini EVK) through adb utility.
We are connecting another device (phone) on USB1 port and also able to access the device on USB 1 OTG.

Mrudang

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi Mrudang,

Sorry to bother you again.

I tested according to Mr. Wang's case,and got the same result.

Could you help me confirm that when the development board is used at the same time of USB1 and USB2, USB1 can only be used as a host, not as a slave,right?

Best wishes.

0 Kudos

mrudangshelat1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Liu,

Kindly raise another ticket for this issue for support.

Have you implemented and checked previous FW changes which I have provided to you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have set up the device same as your use case.

We have used Android 9.0.0.2.3.0 in which the kernel version is 4.14.98.
We have configured USB2 as an OTG (enable the node usbotg2 in device tree).
Then after we are able to access the board (i,MX8M Mini EVK) through adb utility.
We are connecting another device (phone) on USB1 port and also able to access the device on USB 1 OTG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Mrudang

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi Mrudang,

I have raise a new ticket (About i.MX8M Mini's USB usage).

I have tried your plan,and got the same result, but this just proves that USB1 can be used normally as a host, and it won’t work when I use it as a slave(connect to host).

Thank you for your continuous help and hope to get your help in the future.

Best wishes

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hi Mrudang Shelat,

I did what you have done: set USB1 and USB2 to otg mode. And I got the same overcome.

USB1 can work as host.

However, when I connect USB1 to the PC . PC cannot access the imx8mm evk.

Could USB1 work as slave when set USB1 and USB2 to otg mode?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi Mrudang,

Thank you for your reply,that is very helpful to me.

I think the high probability is the problem of my software modification,

Now,I have found a solution to the problem.

Thanks again

0 Kudos

mrudangshelat1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Liu Xq,

We do not see any restrictions with iMX8M Mini. Any processor or controller support SPI/UART based modules, Some may have ready to use drivers available and some needs to have driver development.

Regards,

Mrudang

0 Kudos