Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About i.MX6SL BGA ball.

Jump to solution
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear Sir or Madam,

Hello. I have a question about the BGA ball count in i.MX6SL.

First, refer to Table 71. 13 x 13, 0.5 mm BGA Package Details in i.MX 6SoloLite Applications Processors for Consumer Products, Rev. 3.

"Ball Count = 432"

Next, refer to 2.1 Basic design recommendations in Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6SoloLite Applications Processor, Rev. 1.

"The ball-grid array contains 24 rows and 24 columns, making it a 576 ball BGA package."

[Question]

Which is right description?

And, refer to 6.2.3 13 x 13 mm, 0.5 mm Pitch Ball Map in in i.MX 6SoloLite Applications Processors for Consumer Products, Rev. 3.

i.e. Does the ball exist at "NC" pins?

Best Regards,

Keita

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually, not all balls are physically present in the grid. Although the 24x24 grid itself contains 576 points, only 432 of them are used as the balls in the i.MX6SoloLite package. The balls, marked as NC in the Tables 72 and 74 of the i.MX6SoloLite Data Sheet Rev.3 document, are not physically present.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually, not all balls are physically present in the grid. Although the 24x24 grid itself contains 576 points, only 432 of them are used as the balls in the i.MX6SoloLite package. The balls, marked as NC in the Tables 72 and 74 of the i.MX6SoloLite Data Sheet Rev.3 document, are not physically present.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Hi Artur,

Thank you for your reply.

OK. I got it.

Best Regards,

Keita

0 Kudos