Did you mean: 

About handling of SATA_VP and SATA_VPH of i.MX6solo

Jump to solution
yuuki
Senior Contributor II

Dear all,

Our original board uses i.MX6Solo.
We want to perform boundary scan test.

When boundary scan test is performed in i.MX6Solo, should SATA_VP and SATA_VPH  be powered?

We refer to the following, but cannot understand well.

Section "4.1 Connection differences" of Common Hardware Design Document explains the following.
"In i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6Dual, SATA_VP and SATA_VPH are recommended to be grounded, if not in use. In i.MX 6DualLite and i.MX 6Solo, no SATA function is available and all these pins are recommended to be NC."

Section "Table 2-21. Recommended connections for unused analog interfaces" of Hardware Development Guide Document explains the following.
SATA_VP and SATA_VPH are Ground.
Note1: These supplies must remain powered if boundary scan test needs to be done

May I have advice?

Best Regards,
Yuuki

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yuuki

Note1 refers to i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6Dual which have SATA.

I.MX 6Solo has not SATA, these pins are recommended to be NC

(including boundary scan test).

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yuuki

Note1 refers to i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6Dual which have SATA.

I.MX 6Solo has not SATA, these pins are recommended to be NC

(including boundary scan test).

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos