About connection of SPI-NOR Flash in i.MX6D.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About connection of SPI-NOR Flash in i.MX6D.

Jump to solution
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear Sir or Madam,

Hello.

I have a question about connection of SPI-NOR Flash in i.MX6D.

[Q1]

Tell me the maximum capacity of SPI-NOR which it is possible to connect with i.MX6D.

[Q2]

(See attached file: SPI-NOR_connection.PNG)

Is it possible to connect like an attached file?

Best Regards,

Keita

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The main size restriction of SPI NOR relates to boot mode : from section 8.5.5.3 (ECSPI Boot) of i.MX6 DQ RM :
"The ECSPI can read data from EEPROM using 2 or 3 byte addressing". So, boot mode is supported up to 16M. 

Several SPI NOR devices may be connected to i.MX6, since we have four Chip Select (SS) signals per CSPI
controller (ECSPIx_SSy), and five ECSPI modules. But only single channel may be used for boot.

Note, QSPI is not supported by i.MX6. Also HOLD signal is not used in i.MX6 ECSPI. It may be recommended
just to terminate this signal in inactive state.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The main size restriction of SPI NOR relates to boot mode : from section 8.5.5.3 (ECSPI Boot) of i.MX6 DQ RM :
"The ECSPI can read data from EEPROM using 2 or 3 byte addressing". So, boot mode is supported up to 16M. 

Several SPI NOR devices may be connected to i.MX6, since we have four Chip Select (SS) signals per CSPI
controller (ECSPIx_SSy), and five ECSPI modules. But only single channel may be used for boot.

Note, QSPI is not supported by i.MX6. Also HOLD signal is not used in i.MX6 ECSPI. It may be recommended
just to terminate this signal in inactive state.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos