cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About build yocto project problem.

guanliangding
Contributor III

Hi, all:

I build the yocto project base on 3.14.38, but meeting some issue like follow. How can i to resolve it.

ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/i686-linux/python-native/2.7.9-r1.1/temp/log.do_compile.10503)

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/i686-linux/python-native/2.7.9-r1.1/temp/log.do_compile.10503

Log data follows:

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile

| NOTE: make -j 2 BUILD_SYS= HOST_SYS= LIBC= STAGING_LIBDIR=/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib STAGING_INCDIR=/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include

| gcc  -pthread -DNDEBUG -g  -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -L/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib -L/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/lib -Wl,-rpath,/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/lib -Wl,-O1 Parser/acceler.o Parser/grammar1.o Parser/listnode.o Parser/node.o Parser/parser.o Parser/parsetok.o Parser/bitset.o Parser/metagrammar.o Parser/firstsets.o Parser/grammar.o Parser/pgen.o Objects/obmalloc.o Python/mysnprintf.o Python/pyctype.o Parser/tokenizer_pgen.o Parser/printgrammar.o Parser/pgenmain.o -lpthread -ldl  -lutil -o Parser/pgen

| Parser/acceler.o: file not recognized: File truncated

| collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

| make: *** [Parser/pgen] Error 1

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/i686-linux/python-native/2.7.9-r1.1/temp/log.do_compile.10503)

ERROR: Task 670 (/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native_2.7.9.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/glibc/2.21-r0/temp/log.do_compile.10502)

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/glibc/2.21-r0/temp/log.do_compile.10502

| /yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/glibc/2.21-r0/build-arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/nptl/libpthread.so: file not recognized: File truncated

| collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

| make[2]: *** [/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/glibc/2.21-r0/build-arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/resolv/libanl.so] Error 1

| make[2]: Leaving directory `/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/glibc/2.21-r0/git/resolv'

| make[1]: *** [resolv/others] Error 2

| make[1]: Leaving directory `/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/glibc/2.21-r0/git'

| make: *** [all] Error 2

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/glibc/2.21-r0/temp/log.do_compile.10502)

ERROR: Task 40 (/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/glibc/glibc_2.21.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 264 tasks of which 262 didn't need to be rerun and 2 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 2 tasks failed:

/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native_2.7.9.bb, do_compile

/yocto-disk/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/glibc/glibc_2.21.bb, do_compile

Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
5 Replies

guanliangding
Contributor III

Hi, daiane:

You are right. But yocto is a new tools for me, I just know burldroot.

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For yocto, warnings usually don't prevent you of getting a workable image. So I would ignore the warnings initially (when you get your tailored system you can work on them, but for bring up they are not exactly important)

Please, take a look at FSL Community BSP  and FSL Community BSP Release Notes 2.0 documentation . It's important to know what your environment is, so you can report properly your errors. For example, you haven't mentioned the exact version (there more than three 3.14.38 branches available in addition to fido) you're using, the Ubuntu version, and what was the procedure you followed to face the error. So, take few minutes to understand the different branches Yocto Project provides, so you can be better assisted in future.

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hum. it's hard to tell only with the log you're posting.

I would start over double checking your build machine, but it's really only a guess

Yocto Project Quick Start

guanliangding
Contributor III

Hi Daiane:

Thanks!

I used follow command to building image.

$ source setup-environment build

$ bitbake core-image-minimal

But have some warning of do rootfs, it is a bug? And how can i to solve this issue?

WARNING: The postinstall intercept hook 'update_pixbuf_cache' failed (exit code: 2)! See log for details!

WARNING: log_check: There is a warn message in the logfile

WARNING: log_check: Matched keyword: [WARNING:]

WARNING: log_check: WARNING: The postinstall intercept hook 'update_pixbuf_cache' failed (exit code: 2)! See log for details!

clipboard.png

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks Daiane, for the insight.

I agree with checking the host configuration. I would also ask what image or package you are building and for which board to have a better idea of what could be the problem.