Did you mean: 

About behavior of SDIO controller for Errata No.13 of 1.MX21

Jump to solution
yuuki
Senior Contributor II

I refer to errata No.13 of i.MX21.

MC9328MX21CE.pdf (rev6)

- No.13 (P.6)

The following contents are explained here.
"After sending the first block of data, the SDIO controller operation will stop if there is no BUSY signal responding from card be supported."

「the SDIO controller operation will stop」
Concretely, is it in what kind of situation?

Does SDCLK only stop?

Best Regards,

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Actually, the effect of this erratum can cause a write transfer error. However, most probably, in this case a transfer should just stall, and the MMC/SD host controller module would not report any valid transfer status. The reason is that the STATUS[CRC_WRITE_ERR] and STATUS[WR_CRC_ERROR_CODE] bits are valid only when a transfer is complete, i.e. when the STATUS[WRITE_OP_DONE] bit is set.

Hope this helps

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Yuuki

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help please feel free to contact Freescale.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos
yuuki
Senior Contributor II

Dear Bio_TICFSL-san, Yixing-san,

Thank you for your support.

The problem was solved.
I close this discussion.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Actually, the effect of this erratum can cause a write transfer error. However, most probably, in this case a transfer should just stall, and the MMC/SD host controller module would not report any valid transfer status. The reason is that the STATUS[CRC_WRITE_ERR] and STATUS[WR_CRC_ERROR_CODE] bits are valid only when a transfer is complete, i.e. when the STATUS[WRITE_OP_DONE] bit is set.

Hope this helps

Regards

0 Kudos