Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Overlay function in i.MX6SoloX.

Jump to solution
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear All,

Hello.

I would like to overlay OpenVG1.1 app & OpenGL ES2.0 app in i.MX6SoloX.

BSP: L3.14.28_1.0.0

Could you tell me how to overlay the 2 applications?

Best Regards,

Keita

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry, Unfortunately we do not have any sample code to show this feature but you should be able to do overlay with PXP and the support of LCDIF handshake.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Keita,

If you like to overlay context between OGL and OVG, No you can't share a context across different APIs. Internally, what a context is an instance of the current API state (everything from what paints are created and bound, to attributes like VG_LINE_WIDTH, to internal state you never see). Contexts by their very nature are API specific (GL state is very different from VG state afterall). So sharing a VG context with an OpenGL ES context is a mistake. To render to a texture, you should be trying to transform a VGImage (OpenVG) into EGL buffer, after you do this, the EGLbuffer should still be valid even after the OpenVG context is made not current (and you wont be able to use the VGImage again until the EGLbuffer is destroyed). You should then be able to use the EGLbuffer as a normal rendering surface for any API. Freescale GPU sSDK includes a Multi API Sample where, it uses all 3 GPUs (Graphics processing units) in i.mx6 triple play solution and the VPU to play a video in separate display. The 3D GPU GC2000 renders a 3D modeled car using OpenGL and does lights and materials calculations in realtime. The cluster demo uses Vivante?s GC355 OpenVG core to accelerate vector graphics, enabling fully scalable and GPU handled 2D graphics with minimum CPU intervention. The composition shown in the upper right corner of the displays is done via our composition engine CG320 which does combining, resizing and blending all in hardware.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your reply.

Ummm, I didn't understand well...

I tested to execute the OGL app (to fb1) & OVG app (to fb0) on MCIMX6DL-SDP.

It works correctly. (OGL and OVG apps : from GPU_SDK)

[OGL & OVG played by GC880. Overlay by IPU ]

OGL&OVG_i.MX6DL.JPG

I consider that  GC400T can execute OGL and OVG at the same time.

But, I don't know how to overlay in i.MX 6SoloX (maybe used by "PxP" or "GC400T").

Best Regards,

Keita

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry, Unfortunately we do not have any sample code to show this feature but you should be able to do overlay with PXP and the support of LCDIF handshake.

Regards

0 Kudos