About GPU2D_CORE_CLK_ROOT frequency in i.MX6DQ vs i.MX6SDL.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About GPU2D_CORE_CLK_ROOT frequency in i.MX6DQ vs i.MX6SDL.

Jump to solution
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear Sir or Madam,

My customer would like to change the device from i.MX6SDL to i.MX6DQ to increase performance.

But, we found the difference of GPU2D_CORE_CLK_ROOT frequency between i.MX6SDL and i.MX6DQ.

Refer to below spec about GPU2D_CORE_CLK_ROOT from Reference Manual.

i.MX6SDL --> (Default)528MHz (Max)533MHz

i.MX6DQ --> (Default)352MHz (Max)533MHz

My customer tried to set the increasing frequency, but the result of max frequency was 480MHz.

I confirmed the GPU2D_CORE_CLK_ROOT frequency in android jb4.2.2 on i.MX6Q SABRE.

The frequency was 480MHz, too.

(I confirmed the clock was 528MHz on i.MX6DL SABRE)

[Q1]

Is it possible to set the 528MHz freq of GPU2D_CORE_CLK_ROOT in i.MX6Quad?

[Q2]

And, my customer worried about the dropping the 2D performance compared with i.MX6SDL.

Do you have any compared performance data (i.MX6DQ vs i.MX6SDL)?

Best Regards,

Keita

Labels (6)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hi Keita-San,

[Q1]

--- For MX6DQ, current 2d clock is 480MHz. Current 3d core clock is 528MHz, current 3d shader clock is 594MHz.

We don’t recommend changing the gpu clock.

If customer did want to change it, they can try the clock divider for such root clock. And the clock divider should be done before gpu driver loading.

[Q2]

And, my customer worried about the dropping the 2D performance compared with i.MX6SDL.

--- Sorry, but the information you are requesting is treated as confidential info at this time and requires a signed NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). Naturally, we cannot discuss this with you in public anyway, this requires to be handled as a Service Request (SR). Be aware that to give you remote support through a SR, we will still need the confirmation of a Freescale employee that the NDA is in place. If you want to go this route, the next steps will be: If you have already signed a NDA agreement for this product, please contact the person who assisted you or create a SR and name us a Freescale person that can confirm this. If you have not signed an agreement, please contact your local Freescale Distributor Salesperson or FAE for assistance. For a listing of our distributors, refer to: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=DISTRIBUTORS

Have a great day,
Alfred

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hi Keita-San,

[Q1]

--- For MX6DQ, current 2d clock is 480MHz. Current 3d core clock is 528MHz, current 3d shader clock is 594MHz.

We don’t recommend changing the gpu clock.

If customer did want to change it, they can try the clock divider for such root clock. And the clock divider should be done before gpu driver loading.

[Q2]

--- Sorry, but the information you are requesting is treated as confidential info at this time and requires a signed NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). Naturally, we cannot discuss this with you in public anyway, this requires to be handled as a Service Request (SR). Be aware that to give you remote support through a SR, we will still need the confirmation of a Freescale employee that the NDA is in place. If you want to go this route, the next steps will be: If you have already signed a NDA agreement for this product, please contact the person who assisted you or create a SR and name us a Freescale person that can confirm this. If you have not signed an agreement, please contact your local Freescale Distributor Salesperson or FAE for assistance. For a listing of our distributors, refer to: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=DISTRIBUTORS

Have a great day,
Alfred

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your reply.

[Q1] OK. I got it.

[Q2] I'll request this question by new SR.

Best Regards,

Keita

0 Kudos