Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Errata (ERR005852) in i.MX6DL.

Jump to solution
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear Sir or Madam,

Hello.

Refer to Workaround of "ERR005852" in Chip Errata for the i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite, Rev. 4.

I could not understand the differential of "analog bypass mode" and "normal bypass mode".

Please tell me this differential.

Best Regards,

Keita

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the erratum description terminology is not fully clear.

First, the i.MX6 S/DL Reference Manual (section 10.4.1.1.1 Digital LDO Regulators)

defines the following LDO modes :

1) Internal Bypass - The regulation pass device (FET) is switched fully on, passing the

external input voltage to the load unaltered.

2) External Bypass - The input and output of the regulator are shorted externally to the

SoC.

3) Power Gate - The regulation FET is switched fully off.

4) Analog regulation mode - The regulation FET is controlled such that the output

voltage of the regulator equals the programmed target voltage.

In the same time, the Datasheet states about the next (basic) modes :

1) Bypass. The regulation FET is switched fully on passing the external voltage, to the load unaltered.

2) Power Gate. The regulation FET is switched fully off limiting the current draw from the supply.

3) Analog regulation mode. The regulation FET is controlled such that the output voltage of the

regulator equals the programmed target voltage.

Internal Bypass mode of the RM is the same as LDO Bypass mode of the Datasheet. 

And this is "normal bypass mode" of the erratum. The analog bypass mode (0x1E) of the erratum

really means Analog regulation mode. It is recommended to get quick VDDARM_CAP supply rising

to avoid the bug. The term “analog bypass” relates to the fact, that - under allowed voltage range for

LDO bypass mode - maximum voltage is 1.3 V, and any settings for output voltage greater, than

1.3V really means bypassing. This effect may called as “analog bypass mode”.      

The value 0x1E is selected for assurance as maximum before full FET switching.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the erratum description terminology is not fully clear.

First, the i.MX6 S/DL Reference Manual (section 10.4.1.1.1 Digital LDO Regulators)

defines the following LDO modes :

1) Internal Bypass - The regulation pass device (FET) is switched fully on, passing the

external input voltage to the load unaltered.

2) External Bypass - The input and output of the regulator are shorted externally to the

SoC.

3) Power Gate - The regulation FET is switched fully off.

4) Analog regulation mode - The regulation FET is controlled such that the output

voltage of the regulator equals the programmed target voltage.

In the same time, the Datasheet states about the next (basic) modes :

1) Bypass. The regulation FET is switched fully on passing the external voltage, to the load unaltered.

2) Power Gate. The regulation FET is switched fully off limiting the current draw from the supply.

3) Analog regulation mode. The regulation FET is controlled such that the output voltage of the

regulator equals the programmed target voltage.

Internal Bypass mode of the RM is the same as LDO Bypass mode of the Datasheet. 

And this is "normal bypass mode" of the erratum. The analog bypass mode (0x1E) of the erratum

really means Analog regulation mode. It is recommended to get quick VDDARM_CAP supply rising

to avoid the bug. The term “analog bypass” relates to the fact, that - under allowed voltage range for

LDO bypass mode - maximum voltage is 1.3 V, and any settings for output voltage greater, than

1.3V really means bypassing. This effect may called as “analog bypass mode”.      

The value 0x1E is selected for assurance as maximum before full FET switching.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos