About Encoding On IMX8qm

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Encoding On IMX8qm

fengyang
Contributor II

I need help about video encoding and decoding on imx8qm.

On the development board, I found the source code mxc_v4l2_vpu_test, which reads the v4l2 camera image and encodes it and saves it to a local file.I adjusted the code, followed by the imx6 codec routine in mxc_vpu_enc.c to add UDP transmission implementation, and finally using imx8qm as the encoding end, imx6 as the decoding end, Data transmission through udp, but currently encountered some problems: the decoding terminal received the image has a delay of about 3 seconds, i found that imx8qm will have a storage frame operation before encoding, The vpu start encode when the cache area after four frame data , but I think 4 frame data is also not been such a long delay. 

If you have ideas or related information about encoding on the IMX8qm,please share to me!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi y

one can look at below link with similar issue and try to use suggested hints

https://community.nxp.com/message/358922#358922 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos