cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About 24MHZ crystal oscillator selection

zzh476872254
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a question about i.MX6Q external crystal.

I want to use a 24Mhz active crystal, but I found that there is only a selection of passive crystals in the EB830.
Usually the active crystal supply voltage is 1.8V to 3.3V, but the maximum voltage of NVCC_PLL_OUT is 1.4V. If I use an active crystal, how do I choose?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhihua

for external clock connections one can look at Table 2-7. Oscillator and clock recommendations

IMX6DQ6SDLHDG, Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad, 6Dual, 6DualLite, 6Solo Families of Applic...

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zzh476872254
Contributor II

I read the documentation, but the document only wrote the crystal selection without voltage supply.

I want to use a power-supplied crystal. Now I am using a 3.3V-powered 24MHz crystal, but I see the manual NVCC_PLL_OUT supports a maximum of 1.4V. I don't know if there is any risk.

I want to use a crystal with a power supply. Do you have a recommendation?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

also one can look at Table 21. XTALI and RTC_XTALI DC Parameters

i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processors for Consumer Products - Data Sheet

Best regards
igor

zzh476872254
Contributor II

I read Table 21. XTALI and RTC_XTALI DC Parameters.

“NOTE:The Vil and Vih specifications only apply when an external clock source is used. If a crystal is used, Vil and Vih do not apply.”

I want to use an oscillator with a power supply. How do I choose?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

seems "oscillator with a power supply" is "external clock source",

isn't it ?

0 Kudos

zzh476872254
Contributor II

yes,is an external clock source.How should I choose?

0 Kudos