cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUDMUX with 1.8V and 3.3V power groups

corycue
Contributor I

Hi,

We are looking into using the i.MX6DL (possibly the i.MX6D) in an upcoming product. I want to use the AUDMUX to input I2S audio from multiple I2S masters. After some processing, the signal is output using the ESAI. We have an audio source that requires +1V8 IO voltage. Our other sources use +3V3 only.

I am using the Pins Tool for i.MX v1.0. I have found a setup that will let me use AUDMUX3 (aud3_rxc, aud3_rxd, and aud3_rxfs) with the NVCC_CSI power group, which I have set to 1V8. AUDMUX4 and 5 are on NVCC_SD2 and NVCC_LCD, which are set to 3V3. The pins tool has given me a warning that there is a power group conflict. Since there is no conflict between the 3 lines on each AUDMUX, can I ignore this error? Or will this cause a problem in the hardware?

I have attached a screenshot of the Pins tool with my AUDMUX setup and the resulting error.

Thanks,

Cory

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Cory

one can recheck with Table 100. 21 x 21 mm Functional Contact Assignments

i.MX6SDL Datasheet

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6SDLCEC.pdf

what power domains have used pins.

Warning form pins tool just warns that processor pins with the same powers should not be

used with different peripheral voltages.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos