cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADV7535 : *ERROR* Failed to attach bridge! (-19)"

ashoksowndar
Contributor II

Hi Team,

I am using nitrogen8m SOM(i.MX8M Processor) which is supported by BSP (Embbeded Linux) developed using Yocto. (Kernel Version used is 4.14.98)

I made the changes in the Kernel Menuconfig (Menu Config > Device Driver > Graphics Support > Display Interface Bridges > AV7511 encoder, ADV7511 HDMI Audio Encoder and AD7533 encoder which says it supports ADV7535BCBZ-RL) & DTS File, but not able to get any output in HDMI and getting following error "nwl_dsi-imx mipi_dsi@30A00000: [drm:imx_nwl_dsi_bridge_attach] *ERROR* Failed to attach bridge! (-19)".

Please help me to resolve this issue. (I have attached Device Tree snippet & dmesg log for reference)

Regards,

Ashok

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

ashoksowndar
Contributor II

Hi,

I have refered the both lcdif and dcss examples of ADV7535, with that I have written my device tree. (please refer the attached file in the actual query posted) 

But I am getting error  "*ERROR* Failed to attach bridge! (-19)". 

Please help me to sort out this error.

Regards,

Ashok

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Nitrogen8m SOM is third party board, supported by Boundary Devices directly,

recommended to post issue on vendor support:  https://boundarydevices.com/software/

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

ashoksowndar
Contributor II

Hi,

Error is related to DRM Driver(fsl,imx8mq-mipi-dsi_drm & nwl,mipi-dsi used for mipi_dsi and mipi_dsi_bridge as a compatible node is Device Tree respectively), so I thought NXP can provide right solution.

Can you please guide me, to debug this error in the drm driver level and also please confirm the configuration in Device Tree is proper or not?

I will also post the query to Boundary Devices.

Regards,

Ashok

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

what adv7535 board used in the case, seems nitrogen board has not such accessory board:

https://boundarydevices.com/product/nitrogen8m/

For usage nxp MIPI-HDMI Accessory board one can look at AN12188

Quick Start Guide for IMX-MIPI-HDMI for i.MX 8M Evaluation Kit

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

ashoksowndar
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using nitrogen8m SOM for our custom board (not using in evaluation kit of Boundary Devices) and referred ADV7535 lcdif and dcss example provided by NXP for configuring Device Tree. 

Can you please confirm the configuration in Device Tree is proper or not?

Regards,

Ashok

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ashok

>We are using nitrogen8m SOM for our custom board (not using in evaluation kit of Boundary Devices)

>and referred ADV7535 lcdif and dcss example provided by NXP for configuring Device Tree.

seems there is some misunderstanding: " nitrogen8m SOM"  is also Boundary Devices board,

it is not supported in NXP BSPs.

I am not familiar with that board, but believe it is has not ADV7535. So did you conect externally any

board equipped with ADV7535 ?

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

ashoksowndar
Contributor II

Hi,

Can you please guide me, to debug this error in the drm driver level and also please confirm the configuration in Device Tree is proper or not?

Regards,

Ashok

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

one can test it on i.MX8M EVK board with MIPI-HDMI Accessory board,  AN12188

Quick Start Guide for IMX-MIPI-HDMI for i.MX 8M Evaluation Kit

then compare with custom board and debug using driver description in  i.MX Linux Reference Manual​

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

ashoksowndar
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using nitrogen8m System On Module (link is given below) which is connected to our custom Main Board.

https://boundarydevices.com/product/nitrogen8m-som/

In this Main Board design, we have connected MIPI & I2C lines of nitrogen8m System On Module  to ADV7535 IC.

Regards,

Ashok

0 Kudos