cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADV7281-MA on IMX6 bad capture

sebastianpancea
Contributor III

Hello,

I have an ADV7281-MA connected via MIPI-CSI2 interface to the IMX6Q with 1 CSI data lane.

I'm using the 3.10.63 kernel version.

I can capture NTSC or PAL video with the mxc_v4l2_tvin.out binary but the image is divided in two by a vertical line, it has bad colors and is scrolling vertically.

The ADV7281 has the following output according to the the datasheet:

All ADV728x devices (MIPI CSI-2 or TTL output models) output video data in YCbCr 4:2:2 format. The video timing is compliant with the ITU-R BT.656-3 or ITU-R BT.656-4 standards.

I am aware of the thread Some Experience When Enable MIPI Camera and I have set the CSI2_PHY_TST_CTRL1 register to the correct value.

I use a modified version of the adv7180.c driver to test it.

Video capture is on the IPU0, CSI1 interface, and the virtual channel that I use is 1.

The pixel format in the driver is: "adv7180_data.sen.pix.pixelformat = V4L2_PIX_FMT_UYVY;  /* YUV422 */"

Since the output from ADV7281 is interlaced(480i or 576i) I also modified the current clock to 0 so I can capture interlaced output: "p->u.bt656.clock_curr = 0;"

Do you know what could cause the bad capture?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sebastian,

ADV7280 with MIPI-CSI2 interface is supported by Sabre Auto board, so you can find it's driver in linux BSP for Sabre auto evaluation board. ADV7281 should be similar to ADV7280, enven their registers are same, So you had better write linux driver for ADV7281 based on ADV7280.

Hope above advice can help you !

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

sebastianpancea
Contributor III

Hello Weidong,

Can you please see my question from 15 Dec?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

sebastianpancea
Contributor III

Hello Weidong,

Are you sure the Sabre Auto board contains ADV7280?

I looked into the schematics and only ADV7180 is placed on that board.

Maybe you can point me to a kernel git where the driver is?

Thank you!

0 Kudos