cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADV7280M V4L2 Support Drivers for IMX6-Quad

tengri
Contributor IV

Hi All,

Is there a V4L2 support i2c driver available for ADV7280-M chip ? We intend to interface this decoder ic with IMX6 Quad Saber Lite (Boundary Devices) running Ubuntu Trusty 14.04.5 LTS + kernel 3.14.52-8-boundary-11t8.

I've noticed the adv7280_mipi_tvin.c driver, but it does not have V4L2 calls. Is there an alternative to enumerate the decoder output as a video device in linux ?

Thanks

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

we dont have a specific driver for ADV7280M. You may need to implement your own driver. In Kernel source you may find adv7180.c that may help. And also you can consider ADV7280M to behave as a camera, so you can pull code from ov5640_mipi.c.

pastedImage_1.png

On the other hand, there are people who have done very similar stuff, please check attachments in following thread.

A Simple tutor for writing i.MX6 mipi driver, use adv7480 as an example 

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos