cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADV7280-M video scrolls once camera is disconnected then re-connected

yangao
Contributor III

Hi,

We have ADV7280-M connected with iMX6D. Video capture is working fine. However, when I disconnect the camera during streaming, and re-connect the camera again, the video starts to scroll - the video scrolls slowly and stops scrolling when it reaches to the state that full frame is displayed without border in the middle. We also see worse case occasionally that the video keeps scrolls vertically with horizontal offset, like shown in attached file.

What would be the reason?

Thanks,

Yan

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yangao
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for you prompt reply. I disable and then enable SMFC_EN and CSI1_EN of IPU_CONF registers when camera is disconnected, but when I re-connect the camera back, I still see the video scrolling. If I change to disable and then enable CSI0_EN, system hangs after several seconds.

Now I would like to try the unit test code solution. The problem for me is that I cannot detect the camera is disconnected. Do you have the driver code that implements the VIDIOC_G_STD iotcl (The unit test code use this ioctl to detect what video source is connected)? My driver always returns 0, which means NTSC, even there is no camera connected.

Thanks,

Yan

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yan

after reconnection in order to get sync, one can try to disable and then enable
SMFC_EN and CSI1_EN of IPU_CONF register. Also in linux unit test code,

mxc_v4l2_tvin.c, was used polling mode to check the NTSC and PAL signal switch,

the signal disconnect and re-connect is also such use case.
imx-test
www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/imx-test-5.7.tar.gz

Some customers found similar solution as described on

https://community.nxp.com/message/360990?commentID=360990#comment-360990 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos