cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADV7180 on imx6 quad

Jump to solution
meflo
Contributor II

Hi everybody. I am trying to get the ADV7180 board to work with the imx6 quad board.

However, when trying to capture data using mxc_v4l2_capture app I get some error:

v4l2 capture: mxc_v4l_dqueue timeout enc_counter 0

Looks like it does not get to see any data on the parallel data bus. I am not using HSYNC and VSYNC, just the 8 data pins for parallel video camera capture. I've been looking for related posts about my error and I see quite a few people experiencing this timeout issue that I get. Closest related issue to my problem seems to be at: https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-97981 but still I see that thread as closed and not much progress. Any pointers if this is somewhat related to EAV/SAV setup since I am not using HSYNC and VSYNC? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, Meton,

If PIXCLK( Pin name on ADV7180 is LLC) doesn't output, It means ADV7180 doesn't work. In our linux BSP and android BSP, ADV7180 drvier is supported , YUV and BT.656 format are both supported. You only need select adv7180 driver for your kernel compiling.

So please check if issue was generated by hardware.

Regards,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
meflo
Contributor II

Hi Weidong,

thanks for your feedback. I will check and get back with the results.

0 Kudos
rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi meflo

To capture image from ADV7180, use the unit test mxc_v4l2_tvin instead mxc_v4l2_capture. The tvin app will properly de-interlace the image.

meflo
Contributor II

Hi Rogerio,

thanks for the input. I'll give it a try when I have the hardware fixed and get back with a response here.

Thank you all for your support.

0 Kudos
meflo
Contributor II

P.S.: I also do not have PIXCLK. Could this cause problems? Should EAV/SAV be setup implicitly in the kernel adv7180 driver?

Another note is that I am using IPU2 CSI1 for parallel communication, and for this I've setup GPR 20 to 1 which enables the parallel interface on IPU2 CSI1.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, Meton,

If PIXCLK( Pin name on ADV7180 is LLC) doesn't output, It means ADV7180 doesn't work. In our linux BSP and android BSP, ADV7180 drvier is supported , YUV and BT.656 format are both supported. You only need select adv7180 driver for your kernel compiling.

So please check if issue was generated by hardware.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
yuanlu837
Contributor II

hello Weidong Sun:

我们公司的imx6q板子是自己制作的,目前我在调试adv7180+imx6q的驱动,我用mxc_v4l2_tvin.out程序,显示屏中显示的画面在垂直方向上一直滚动,请问是什么原因。

0 Kudos