ADC2 and ADC_ETC not working (rt1024-evk)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC2 and ADC_ETC not working (rt1024-evk)

niabLEYW
Contributor II

Hi

I am trying to trigger ADC1 and ADC2 conversions at the same time, syncronised to a PWM channel using val4.

It works with ADC1, but I cannot get ADC_EXT to trigger ADC2. The conversion complete interrupt is never called for ADC2. Nothing I do can get ADC2 to trigger.

In fact as soon as I enable Sync Mode, everything stops working and even ADC1 stops updating. Something very strange is going on.

Can someone please take a look at my project and see if I am doing something wrong? I have attached full project for rt1024-evk.

I have looked at all the examples in the sdk and application notes but I can't see anything wrong. Maybe there is a silicon bug?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you to refer to the post.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

niabLEYW
Contributor II

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for your reply.

I already looked at that thread and I can't see anything I am doing wrong.

I am using Trigger group 0 for ADC1 and Trigger group 4 for ADC2. ADC1 works but ADC2 does not work. None of the sdk examples use ADC2. Has anybody actually tried it?

Can you please take a look at my example project and see if you see anything wrong?

I have attached my peripherals.c here again.

0 Kudos

niabLEYW
Contributor II

Ok, after a whole day trying to make it work I finally discovered the problem.

To use ADC2, you cannot have the .enableTSCBypass option set. It must be cleared. This is definitely *not* made obvious in the manual.

The autogenerator GUI sets this option and greys it out so it cannot be changed. Why? The only way I can make it work is to clear it manually.

Thanks.

ADCEXTconf1.png

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Please install the updated MCUXpresso Config Tools which allows setting TSC triggers configuration.

jeremyzhou_0-1631171978265.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos