Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8M-Mini EVKB Not Recognized by UUU and MIPI to HDMI won't work

Jump to solution
Phoenix42
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to get the my 8M Mini EVKB board to display to my monitor via the MIPI to HDMI adaptor provided. I was having issues with uboot so I decided to do a fresh image from NXP (specifically android-11.0.0_2.0.0_image_8mmevk). However, after switching into Serial Download Mode on the dip switches, UUU would not recognize the board. I'm using Windows 10 and in Device Manager the USB connection is recognized on two of the COM ports (COM 5 & 6 for my laptop). I've already tried pushing through with the flash, but all I get is the Wait for a Recognizable Device.

I switched back to eMMC mode to check if the terminal would still work through PUTTY and the device still responds.

Any Idea what to do? I've searched the forum and all the advice is typically check the power supply (for both the board and monitor), switch is ON, and make sure the dip switches are correct (first four are 1010 and last is 0). I've confirmed those tips and I now need more in-depth advice than that. 

Phoenix42_0-1623959536456.png

Connected State shown here: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/uuu-tool-does-not-recognize-the-connected-board/m-p/116... 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Phoenix42
Contributor II

Good News. I have figured out my own problems. 

1. I mistakenly thought that I only needed the Micro-USB to flash the board. You need to use the USB-C port (the tiny "Download" was pretty helpful next to J301). I was able to flash the boards.
  2. The mini-SAS cable between the board and the MIPI-to-HDMI converter was not fully plugged in. You need to fully press it in. There may be more than one click. A Green LED will light up if there is sufficient power. The red LED seems to light up if the HDMI cable to the monitor has power, regardless if the board connection is solid. 

I admit these were dumb mistakes, but I also would say that the Quick Start Guide included with the board isn't very deep especially when it comes to troubleshooting. I'd check the Android Quick-Start guide for issues with flashing. Looking around uboot and UUU (Pronounced 3U or U^3 ?) can also help (uboot can be accessed by using the debug serial monitor right when power is turned on). 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Phoenix42
Contributor II

Good News. I have figured out my own problems. 

1. I mistakenly thought that I only needed the Micro-USB to flash the board. You need to use the USB-C port (the tiny "Download" was pretty helpful next to J301). I was able to flash the boards.
  2. The mini-SAS cable between the board and the MIPI-to-HDMI converter was not fully plugged in. You need to fully press it in. There may be more than one click. A Green LED will light up if there is sufficient power. The red LED seems to light up if the HDMI cable to the monitor has power, regardless if the board connection is solid. 

I admit these were dumb mistakes, but I also would say that the Quick Start Guide included with the board isn't very deep especially when it comes to troubleshooting. I'd check the Android Quick-Start guide for issues with flashing. Looking around uboot and UUU (Pronounced 3U or U^3 ?) can also help (uboot can be accessed by using the debug serial monitor right when power is turned on). 

0 Kudos