cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60fps camera preview

eugeniur
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am working with Sabre Lite from Boundary Devices board + OV5642 camera sensor.

Our application demands 720p60fps preview mode.

According to OV sensor official page, 60 @ 720p mode is marked as supported.

However, FSL ov5642.c driver has a limitation of 30fps. There are two 720p register arrays:

- ov5642_setting_15fps_720P_1280_720

- ov5642_setting_30fps_720P_1280_720

The difference between them is seen in the attached screenshot.

Any suggestion very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

eugeniur
Contributor II

OV technical support told me that certain development effort must be put on their side to implement the 60fps capture mode from SW. Development cannot be started without a clear mass production program. So, I am out of this discussion.

I have just one question to the community members.

My final aim is to be able to inject RGB666 (18 capture pins used from the 20 available) into IPU1 (720p60fps) and just route it for preview to LCD without any conversion (no resize, no rotate, no chroma conversion). The video signal is coming out from the output of an LCD controller (RTD2662), which is set to 1280x720 60fps.

My question is if there is SW support for this specific capture mode at this moment.

If there is not, what would be the development workload?

Of terrific help would be the approximative list of files affected, in order to start studying those.

Currently I can run camera preview (VGA 30fps) using stock FSL ov5642.c driver and Android v13.4.1.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usually the coefficient table comes from OmniVision. Please try to contact them and ask for such resolution and frame rate.

eugeniur
Contributor II

Hi Fabio,

Following your suggestion, I contacted OV technical support regarding the framerate question.

Besides this problem, could you please tell me if the mxc_v4l2_capture SW driver currently supports sensor master configuration? From what I see, OV5642 is configured as slave. However, our application assumes a video source generating its own clock. Sorry for not stricly respecting the topic.

Thank you.

0 Kudos