Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4Kx2K HDMI display on i.MX6

Jump to solution
DipenPatel1z
Contributor III

Dear All,

I was looking at IMX6SDLRM.pdf for HDMI interface and found 4Kx2K format is not listed under Table 34-3. Video Modes.

Documents says HDMI is compliant to v1.4a which supports 4Kx2K@upto 30fps video.

My question is does HDMI on i.MX6 supoprts 4Kx2K video?

Regards,

Dipen Patel

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The HDMI PHY does support the format, however the VPU is not able to encode/decode this format, so, no, you cannot play 4k video on the i.MX6

Best regards,
Sergio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The HDMI PHY does support the format, however the VPU is not able to encode/decode this format, so, no, you cannot play 4k video on the i.MX6

Best regards,
Sergio

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
DipenPatel1z
Contributor III

Thank Sergio.

0 Kudos