您的意思是: 
已解决

4Gbit DDR3L on i.MX6 Quad

跳至解决方案
1,032 次查看
arif_kanganoll1
Contributor I

Hello NXP,

I am working on custom board design for consumer electronics and considered MCU-  MCIMX6Q6AVT10AD.

I am planning to interface 4 Micron chips of size 4Gbit (256Mx16) DDR3L each.

DDR3 Details

TechnologySDRAM - DDR3L
Memory Size4Gb (256M x 16)
Clock Frequency933MHz
Access Time20ns
Memory InterfaceParallel
Voltage - Supply1.283V ~ 1.45V
Operating Temperature-40°C ~ 95°C (TC)

(Total memory size is 2 GByte).

Please clarify if this works fine. Also please let me know any alternate solutions if above mentioned configuration is not supported for 2GByte Memory.

Thank You.

标签 (2)
1 解答
871 次查看
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Arif Kanganolli ,

It is no problem to support 2GB DDR3L with 256Mx16 memory. On our Sabre AI board, 2GB DDR3 has been supported. you can refer to it's schematic. If your DDR3L is packaged in 96ball, you can replace DDR3 on board with DDR3L directly. But there are 2 points you will have to pay attention to.

1. if the DDR3L you will use supports "compitible back to 1.5V voltage", you can use MMPF0100F0ZES diretly.

2. if the DDR3L you will use only supports 1.35V voltage, PMIC should be selected like below:

(1) Select MMPF0100NPAZES ( for automotive application) for your application.

(2) Modifying the script for F0 configuration of MMPF0100---Changing SW3 OUTPUT TO BE 1.35V.

pastedImage_1.png

(3)  OTP Programing MMPF0100NPAZES with F0 configuration you have modified via programmer.

after OTP is done, SW3 will output 1.35V for DDR3L, other default voltages are not changed.

At this time, there is only one difference between your PMIC and MMPF0100F0ZES, that is SW3's OUTPUT, Yours is 1.35V, and MMPF0100F0ZES's is 1.5V.

[comment] Design files for Sabre AI board can be downloaded it here :

SABRE|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6 | NXP 

-----Design files for i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6DualLite CPU1 Cards

Have a nice day!

BR,

NXP TIC Weidong Sun

在原帖中查看解决方案

2 回复数
872 次查看
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Arif Kanganolli ,

It is no problem to support 2GB DDR3L with 256Mx16 memory. On our Sabre AI board, 2GB DDR3 has been supported. you can refer to it's schematic. If your DDR3L is packaged in 96ball, you can replace DDR3 on board with DDR3L directly. But there are 2 points you will have to pay attention to.

1. if the DDR3L you will use supports "compitible back to 1.5V voltage", you can use MMPF0100F0ZES diretly.

2. if the DDR3L you will use only supports 1.35V voltage, PMIC should be selected like below:

(1) Select MMPF0100NPAZES ( for automotive application) for your application.

(2) Modifying the script for F0 configuration of MMPF0100---Changing SW3 OUTPUT TO BE 1.35V.

pastedImage_1.png

(3)  OTP Programing MMPF0100NPAZES with F0 configuration you have modified via programmer.

after OTP is done, SW3 will output 1.35V for DDR3L, other default voltages are not changed.

At this time, there is only one difference between your PMIC and MMPF0100F0ZES, that is SW3's OUTPUT, Yours is 1.35V, and MMPF0100F0ZES's is 1.5V.

[comment] Design files for Sabre AI board can be downloaded it here :

SABRE|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6 | NXP 

-----Design files for i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6DualLite CPU1 Cards

Have a nice day!

BR,

NXP TIC Weidong Sun

871 次查看
arif_kanganoll1
Contributor I

Hi @Wigros Sun

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

The DDR3L i am using is compatible back with 1.5V.

And i am using MMPF0100F0AEP PMIC in my board, i hope this will work fine.

If you have any further feedback please share.

Thank You Again.

Great Day!!!

0 项奖励