Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GB LPDDR4 issue with iMX8MQ

nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hi,

Release: Yocto-Morty (4.9.51_GA)

Board: i.MX8MQ based custom board

We working on iMX8MQ based custom board with 4GB LPDDR4. I have done changes at u-boot for 4GB LPDDR4 support. Now, when we boot-up board with 4GB configurations it prints a number of various register/memory dumps at the kernel level and these things working fine with 3GB configuration.

This behaviour happens only once at the boot-up time else it works fine with 4GB LPDDR4 configuration.

I have attached logs file for reference.

It is a known issue? Is there a fix/workaround?

Best regards,

Nirmal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

felixradensky
Contributor IV

Hi Nirmal,

The register dump you're seeing is most probably caused by GPU driver (galcore) crash. The driver was fixed in kernel 4.14.78 to properly handle 4GB of RAM. See linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Felix.

0 Kudos

nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hello Felix Radensky,

Thanks for your response.

As you mentioned this issue is resolved by upgrading kernel to 4.14.78 kernel version.

Best regards,

Nirmal

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nirmal

reason may be in revisions of ddr tool, for latest 2.10 i.MX8 MSCALE SERIES DDR Tool Release (V2.10) 

recommended to use L4.14.98 linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Linux L4.9.51 was used with rev.1.0 ddr tool.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nirmalluhana
Contributor IV

Hello Igor,

Thanks for your response.

This issue is occurred due to 4.9.51 kernel version and it is resolved in 4.14.78 kernel version.

Best regards,

Nirmal

0 Kudos