cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.18 Kernel on imx6 sabre sdb

ramprasadvempat
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using Yocto project environment for bring-up of freescale imx6 sabre Smard devices board. I see the kernel 3.10 is available.

But I need kernel 3.18 to be used from requirement perspective. Could you let me know how can do do that?

-ram

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Ramprasad

one can look at

Freescale/linux-fslc at patches-3.18 · GitHub

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ramprasadvempat
Contributor II

Thanks for for responding. I looked @ Freescale/linux-fslc at patches-3.18 · GitHub  . But the current kernel I've for imx6 board was synced through git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git .

The link you provided says, patches-3.18 . But if I see there is no branch for 3.18, rather I see branches only for 3.10 and 3.14 kernel remaining are patches only. I looked @  Freescale/linux-fslc at patches-3.18 · GitHub   and I selected the tab "branches" for viewing this. What is the difference? Is it a complete kernel or just a patch?

And how does it get plugged into yocto project environment? The earlier git I followed git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git looks like the one from freescale and the branch I used is under imx6.  But the one you shared, how will I know whether it works for imx6 based boards?

Sorry if I'm asking some dumb questions. but I'm not familiar with these.

0 Kudos

ramprasadvempat
Contributor II

Hi,

Can someone help me on how to take this forward?

0 Kudos