cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24MHz Crystal for IMX6UL

umasundaram
Contributor II

Hi all,

We are designing a PCB with IMX6UL processor (MCIMX6G2CVM05AA) and PF3001.

According to Errata,ERR009455 of IMX6UL ,"Clock: 24 MHz Oscillator does not start up",it is recommended to use a 24MHz oscillator to provide clock input to XTAL pins in Rev1.0 of processor.

Can you please clarify the below doubts on IMX6UL oscillator design.

Q1. Due to space and cost constraint ,we are planning to use only the 24MHz crystal in design, using Rev1.1 of processor.

Is it advisable to proceed only with the 24MHz crystal for the design or is oscillator backup still recommended for Rev1.1 of IMX6UL.

Q2. Can you please confirm if  Rev1.1 of processor been tested only with 24MHz crystal, with no CPU power up issues.

Q3. Can you please let me know if there is any alternate method/design to low power mode of CPU,  using the 'PMIC_STBY _REQ' signal and 24MHz crystal (As we are not using the 24MHz oscillator to control its enable signal).

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks ,

Uma.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Uma

>Q1. Due to space and cost constraint ,we are planning to use only the 24MHz crystal in design, using Rev1.1 of processor.

>Is it advisable to proceed only with the 24MHz crystal for the design or is oscillator backup still recommended for Rev1.1 of >IMX6UL.

advisable proceed only with the 24MHz crystal

>Q2. Can you please confirm if  Rev1.1 of processor been tested only with 24MHz crystal, with no CPU power up issues.

yes

>Q3. Can you please let me know if there is any alternate method/design to low power mode of CPU,  using the >'PMIC_STBY _REQ' signal and 24MHz crystal (As we are not using the 24MHz oscillator to control its enable signal).

PMIC_STBY _REQ used on SPF-29105 i.MX6UL design with PFUZE3000, please request it using service request.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos