Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 LVDS Screens With i.MX8MP

Jump to solution
Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

We'll be using 2 LVDS displays (1280-800 resolution) with touch capabilities for our project with i.MX8MP. Both LVDS displays are single channel (4 lanes). Can i.MX8MP provide this resolution for our displays? What is the max. resolution supported for our case?

One of the display's will be close to the board, other one will be a couple meters apart. So we're planing to use a serializer from TI.  Which one do you suggest with i2c (for touch screen capability)? Or do you have any other solution for our case?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Correct, only one LVDS port, but capable to do dual channel.

Your setup proposal would of course work as well.

Regards, Bernhard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Resolution for my screen will be 1280x800 so I did some research and I found DS90UB927Q-Q1 and DS90UB928Q-Q1 from TI. Can I use them for my application? What do you think? Does these two components supported for linux?

0 Kudos
bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The two LCDIF display controllers in 8M Plus can do 1920x1200p60 simultaneously. So this is no problem. When it comes to connection of the panels, the system has some limitations.

LVDS supported configurations:

• Dual Channel:
    • Single panel with 2 interfaces (even pixel / odd pixel)
    • Up to 160MHz pixel clock (80MHz LVDS clock) => supports resolutions up to 1920x1080@60fps
  • Single Channel:
    • up to 80 MHz pixel clock (80MHz LVDS clock) => supports resolutions up to 1366x768@60fps

One LVDS panel can connect in single mode to the LVDS interface (1280x800 < 1366x768), but the other one needs to be connected to the MIPI DSI interface. You need to go for a DSI-to-LVDS combination, something like DS90Ux941AS-Q1 + DS90UB948-Q1

Regards,
Bernhard.

0 Kudos
Wobaffet
Senior Contributor I

Thank you for your immediate response,

• Both of our displays are 1280x800. Does 8M Plus only support one LVDS? Cant I use two single channel LVDS?
  • If not, we are thinking MIPI to LVDS for primary display with LT8912B from lontium and with LVDS SERDES connecting secondary display. What do you think about this second composition.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Gencay 

0 Kudos
bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Correct, only one LVDS port, but capable to do dual channel.

Your setup proposal would of course work as well.

Regards, Bernhard.

0 Kudos