106axf section `.bss' will not fit in region `SRAM_DTC', region `SRAM_DTC' overflowed by 33876 bytes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

106axf section `.bss' will not fit in region `SRAM_DTC', region `SRAM_DTC' overflowed by 33876 bytes

palak_shah1
Contributor II

Hello,

We have an iMXRT1060 based custom board. I want to flash our application using MCU boot utility but I want it to run from SDRAM and not XIP. 

I followed the steps needed based on 

I.MX RT - How to booting to SDRAM - NXP Community

However, when I try to compile my application, I get the following error - 

Building target: imxrt1062_dualusb.axf
Invoking: MCU Linker

c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.5.0_7232/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.5.0.202107051138/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: imxrt1062_dualusb.axf section `.bss' will not fit in region `SRAM_DTC'
c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.5.0_7232/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.5.0.202107051138/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `SRAM_DTC' overflowed by 33876 bytes
Memory region         Used Size  Region Size  %age Used
     BOARD_FLASH:          0 GB         8 MB      0.00%
        SRAM_DTC:      164948 B       128 KB    125.85%
        SRAM_ITC:          0 GB       128 KB      0.00%
        SRAM_OC2:          0 GB       512 KB      0.00%
         SRAM_OC:          0 GB       256 KB      0.00%
     BOARD_SDRAM:          0 GB        30 MB      0.00%
   NCACHE_REGION:          0 GB         2 MB      0.00%
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [makefile:74: imxrt1062_dualusb.axf] Error 1
make: *** [makefile:65: all] Error 2
"make -r -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

13:28:28 Build Failed. 4 errors, 0 warnings. (took 24s.433ms)

I tried some google search and also tried adding the following setting - 

Properties -> Managed Linker script -> Extra linker script input project 

Noncacheable .data and .bss.

Screenshot (196).png

But it did not help.

Can you please tell me, that if the application is big, how can I increase the SDRAM allocation? Do I only have to use DTC? Or can we use ITC or OCRAM?

Thanks,

Palak

0 Kudos
3 Replies

palak_shah1
Contributor II

Hi, 

I just realized that we don't have SDRAM on our custom board. And we want to use non-XIP option and run the application from SRAM. 

Can I modify the memory configuration to select the "SRAM_OC" as the primary location to download the code?

Screenshot (197).png

Thanks,

Palak

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Can I modify the memory configuration to select the "SRAM_OC" as the primary location to download the code?
-- Of course, and you can refer to 17. Memory Configuration and Linker Scripts in the MCUXpresso IDE User Guide to do that.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Can you please tell me, that if the application is big, how can I increase the SDRAM allocation? Do I only have to use DTC? Or can we use ITC or OCRAM?
-- Actually, you'd better go through the I.MX RT - How to booting to SDRAM - NXP Community carefully again, in this post, it illustrates modify the memory configruation to slect the SDRAM as the primary RAM.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos