Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Gb Ethernet MAC (ENET) system limitation of i.mx 6dual

Jump to solution
英皓刘
Contributor I

Hi,

I want to use i.mx 6dual(soc) in my customized board,but I find a description in “Chip Errata for the i.MX 6Dual/Quad”,that is :"The theoretical maximum performance of 1 Gbps ENET is limited to 470 Mbps (total for Tx and Rx). The actual measured performance in an optimized environment is up to 400 Mbps"

I'm just wondering if it would loss package in the transmission when just up to 300 Mbps?

Thanks very much,

sasha

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sasha

no, this will not affect reliability and loss of data or package.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sasha

no, this will not affect reliability and loss of data or package.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
英皓刘
Contributor I

Hi igor

I have another question that I was confused,what would happen if ENET RX FIFO overrun,and why enable pause frame can prevent this?

thank you so much for your help.

sasha

0 Kudos
英皓刘
Contributor I

Thank you!

0 Kudos