1.8v sd card voltage on MCIMX6Q-SDB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.8v sd card voltage on MCIMX6Q-SDB

sergeydanilov
Contributor III

Is it possible to switch SD card voltage from 3.3v to 1.8v in software on MCIMX6Q-SDB board?

Can't find this info in documentation and I should know that before purchasing the dev board.

Thanks!

Labels (6)
3 Replies

JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergey,

There are two SD card slots in the MX6 SDB, both 3.3V. Unfortunately, the regulator that supplies these also supplies some other important blocks: eMMC, SATA, LVDS, I2C communication, CSI, sensors, JTAG and a few more. It is possible to change the regulator voltage via SW to 1.8V, but by doing this, a lot of the board functionality will be affected. I'm mainly a HW guy and don't know the SW implications, but I'm pretty sure there will be some important ones since some of the blocks are continuously being used by the OS, so I wouldn't recommend to change the voltage.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Best regards.

Jorge.

sergeydanilov
Contributor III

Can you please point to any kind of documentation for SD 3.0 UHS compliant HW design (schematics) for imx6?

The only thing I found is SoloLite schematics, but it will be good to have some official documentation with approved schematics.

PS I sent an inquiries about dev kits SD UHS support to several companies, and they telling me that their kits do support SD UHS while from schematics I see that card power supply is constant 3.3v and signal lines pullup resistors are going to constant 3.3v  supply too. And that situation is confusing me a lot.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

sergeydanilov
Contributor III

Thanks!

the good thing is that you helped me not to waste money and time (I was going to buy MCIMX6Q-SDB)- big thanks for that!

the bad thing is that I reviewed all the low\mid cost dev kits schematics that I can find online, and cant find any with low voltage SD cards support.

The only options I see are 6SoloLite and sabre automotive boards...

0 Kudos