i.MX Processors Knowledge Base

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX Processors Knowledge Base

Discussions

Attachched is the reference patch to enable the PMIC external watchdog in SCFW, it is based on SCFW porting kit v1.1.2 from NXP website: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.14.78_1.0.0_SCFWKIT&appType=license&location=null Please apply the patches to "imx-scfw-porting-kit-1.1.2/src/scfw_export_mx8qx_b0" On iMX8QXP MEK board, the patches will enable the PF8100 watchdog by macro "#define ENABLE_PMIC_EXTERNAL_WDOG", and it will refresh the watchdog timer by I2C interface. The default timeout value is 0xD for 8192ms (#define PMIC_EXTERNAL_WDOG_TIMEOUT  0xD), and SCFW will refresh it with 1000ms period (board_pmic_wdog_refresh_period_ms = 1000U). When the iMX8 system goto low power mode, it will pull SCU_PMIC_STANDBY to notify the PMIC, then PMIC will switch to suspend mode too, during PMIC suspend mode, this watchdog timer is off too. It will restart after PMIC resume to normal mode. Without PMIC OTP burning for WDOG, the current setting of patch will trigger hard reset after PMIC WDOG is timeout. 0001-scfw-add-board-board-tick.patch This patch is used to added polling ticket in board.c, after SCFW running, it will call board_tick() with 10ms period. In future SCFW release, this patch is not needed to apply, it is in default code, only when SCFW porting kit version is 1.1.2 and early version, you need apply this patch. 0002-scfw-enable-pmic-external-wdog.patch This is the reference patch to enable the PF8100 watchdog timer and refresh code. iMX8QXP MEK is used as the example. Note: In default SCFW, it had already used internel watchdog to make sure SCFW is always running, if SCFW is built as no debug version (M=0 D=0), all SCFW halt will cause SOC reset. And if hardware had connected the SCU_WDOG_OUT pin from iMX8QXP to PMIC's WDI pin, then during SOC reset, the PMIC will also do hard reset to make a POR reboot for the whole system.
View full article
The reference code is based on L4.14.78 GA1.0.0 BSP and M4 SDK 2.5.1.  It is tested on iMX8QXP MEK board, and it should also work for iMX8QM board. In L4.14.78 GA1.0.0 BSP, MU_5 is used for RPMSG between M4 FreeRTOS and A35 Linux, SC_R_MU_5B is M4 side and SC_R_MU_5A is A35 side. In linux side, we used the "imx_rpmsg_tty.ko" for this test, this driver is built as module in default BSP. Case 1: M4 wake up A35. Apply "L4.14.78_rpmsg_wakeup.patch" to linux kernel, this patch will enable the RPMSG wake up feature. "rpmsg_lite_pingpong_rtos.tar.bz2" is the M4 side test code. After booted the board with Linux + M4 rpmsg software, run followed test commands: 1. In A35 UART side, run followed commands:     # echo enabled > /sys/bus/platform/devices/90000000.rpmsg/power/wakeup     # insmod ./imx_rpmsg_tty.ko     # /unit_tests/Remote_Processor_Messaging/mxc_mcc_tty_test.out /dev/ttyRPMSG30 115200 R 100 1000 &     # echo deadbeaf > /dev/ttyRPMSG30     # echo mem > /sys/power/state 2. M4 UART side:    After run "echo deadbeaf > /dev/ttyRPMSG30" from Linux side, it will show "Got ping..." and wait there, after run A35 suspend commane "echo mem > /sys/power/state", Linux suspends. Then from M4 UART side, press "c" key, it will send RPMSG to A35 and wake up A35 Linux. Case 2: A35 wake up M4. "power_mode_switch_rpmsg_wakeup.tar.bz2" is the M4 side test code, After booted the board with Linux + M4 rpmsg software, the M4 UART will wait for A35 RPMSG driver ready. Test commands: 1. In A35 UART side, run followed commands to make RPMSG driver ready:     # insmod ./imx_rpmsg_tty.ko     # /unit_tests/Remote_Processor_Messaging/mxc_mcc_tty_test.out /dev/ttyRPMSG30 115200 R 100 1000 &     # echo deadbeaf > /dev/ttyRPMSG30 2. Now M4 UART shows ping pong messages to make sure RPMSG is ready. Now M4 is in power switch menu, select VLLS power mode in M4 UART:      Press  H for enter: VLLS     - Very Low Leakage Stop mode     ... ...      Press R for RPMSG. After press "R" key in M4 UART, M4 will print "Send a RPMSG message to wake up" and goto suspend mode. 3. Wake up M4 from A35 side, send any data to RPMSG:     # echo deadbeaf > /dev/ttyRPMSG30 M4 resumed and goto power switch menu again. SDK folder to compile the two M4 sample code: SDK/boards/mekmimx8qx/multicore_examples/rpmsg_lite_pingpong_rtos SDK/boards/mekmimx8qx/demo_apps/power_mode_switch
View full article
    On latest iMX8QXP MEK board, the hardware connected the SCU_GPIO0_00 and SCU_GPIO0_01 pins for SCU debug UART, and customer can enable "#define ALT_DEBUG_SCU_UART" from "imx-scfw-porting-kit-1.1/src/scfw_export_mx8qx_b0/platform/board/mx8qx_mek/board.c" to open the SCFW debug UART for early board bring up.     And if customer enabled "#define ALT_DEBUG_UART" from board.c, then SCFW will use ADC_IN2 and ADC_IN3 pins for debug UART.     In this document, it is another choice, SCFW can also use UART0_RX and UART0_TX pins as SCU debug UART for early board bring up. It is based on released "imx-scfw-porting-kit-1.1.tar.gz".     That means on early MEK boards and customer boards which haven't reserved debug UART for SCU, they can also check the SCFW boot log from UART0 port. "scfw-porting-kit-1.1-sc_uart-on-uart0.patch" is the reference patch for such modification. Enable "#define ALT_DEBUG_SCU_UART_ON_UART0" to make it work. Note: since UART0 pins had been used in SCFW, they can't be used in UBoot and linux kernel at the same time, so when debuging UBoot and Linux kernel, you need disable "ALT_DEBUG_SCU_UART_ON_UART0" in SCFW, or you can use other UART port and pins.
View full article
The document descript how to use the win32diskimager to create bootable sdcard.  How to resize sdcard mirror rootfs partition. Ex: fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6qpdlsolox.sdcard
View full article
UPDATE: Note that this document describes eIQ Machine Learning Software for the NXP L4.14 BSP release. Beginning with the L4.19 BSP, eIQ Software is pre-integrated in the BSP release and this document is no longer necessary or being maintained. For more information on eIQ Software in these releases (L4.19, L5.4, etc), please refer to the "NXP eIQ Machine Learning" chapter in the Linux User Guide for that specific release.  Original Post: eIQ Machine Learning Software for iMX Linux 4.14.y kernel series is available now. The NXP eIQ™ Machine Learning Software Development Environment enables the use of ML algorithms on NXP MCUs, i.MX RT crossover processors, and i.MX family SoCs. eIQ software includes inference engines, neural network compilers, and optimized libraries and leverages open source technologies. eIQ is fully integrated into our MCUXpresso SDK and Yocto development environments, allowing you to develop complete system-level applications with ease. Source download, build and installation Please refer to document NXP eIQ(TM) Machine Learning Enablement (UM11226.pdf) for detailed instructions on how to download, build and install eIQ software on your platform. Sample applications To help get you started right away we've posted numerous howtos and sample applications right here in the community. Please refer to eIQ Sample Apps - Overview. Supported platforms eIQ Machine learning software for i.MX Linux 4.14.y supports the L4.14.78-1.0.0 and L4.14.98-2.0.0 GA releases running on i.MX 8 Series Applications Processors. For more information on artificial intelligence, machine learning and eIQ Software please visit AI & Machine Learning | NXP.
View full article
This document is aimed to introduce seamless switch on rear view camera function in android P9 auto, and this can also be referenced for sharing dpu(display process unit) between A core and m4 core on imx8qxp/qm platform. OS: Android p9 auto beta. (linux needs some modifies). SDK_2.5.1_MEK-MIMX8QX for m4 core. Hardware platform: imx8qxp/qm mek board IT6263 lvds to hdmi cable. max9286 deserializer board. ov16035 camera. Hardware block:     Imx8qxp dpu block, for imx8qm there are two dpus:     Android/Linux and M4 shared dpu path:     The switch function is done by framegen0 unit in dpu, framegen unit can select 7 modes: primary src only second src only primary on second second on primary .....etc. for more details, please refer to the kernel codes at include/video/dpu.h, fgdm_t type. Seamless switch booting flow: Patches contain three main parts: Linux kernel: remove init or configure codes of dpu units and lvds used by m4 core, add ui ready rpmsg pipe. M4 code: modify dpu pipes, add ui ready rpmsg handle. AOSP init.rc scripts: add sending ui ready message scripts.
View full article
Descriptions on the issue: running “ uuu uuu-android-mx8mq-evk-emmc.lst ” No any problem, downloading images is OK. running “ uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mq -a -e ” Below lines will be showed on windows console: flash the file of u-boot-imx8mq.imx to the partition of bootloader0 <waiting for any devices>             Then downloading operation stopped. ------------------------------------------------------------------------                 In order to help uses save development time, I tested above 2 commands for downloading images on windows 7 64bit and windows 10 64bit respectively.                 Below is detailed steps for the operation: Hardware Preparations (1) Switch SW802 on i.MX8MQ EMEK, set 1-4 off, 2-3 on i.MX8MQ is at usb serial download mode. (2) Connecting J1701 to PC USB by a USB OTG cable. (3) Connecting J901(usb type c) to PC USB by a USB 3.0 cable. (4) Plugging 12V@3.5A adapter into Power Jack (J902) (5) Power on I.MX8MQ board via SW701 Switch Software Preparations (1) Related windows drivers for i.MX8MQ MEK                 Windows 7 64bit or windows 10 64bit will find new devices and begin to search and install corresponding drivers, like below:                 Probably windows 10 64bit can’t automatically install CP2105 driver from official website of manufacture: https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers                 Then installed it manually. (2) Power off i.MX8MQ MEK (3) Installing winusb driver by zadig                 According to method described in uuu.pdf, download zadig tool from https://zadig.akeo.ie/, and install it to windows 7 64bit . [Note] windows 10 64bit doesn’t need to install winusb driver. Press “Install WCID Driver” Button (4) Downloading Android SDK Manager Download SDK Manager from : http://visualgdb.com/android/install_redir?item=SDK After downloading it, decompress it, and run SDK Manager application: Press OK. Then press “Close” Close SDK Manager Installation Guide . Find the directory of SDK Manager installation, and enter into “platform-tools”, like below: D:\i.MX8-Projects\IMX8MQ-MEK-windows-drivers\android-sdk_r24.4.1-windows\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools Copy items in blue rectangle to C:\windows\system Copy items in red rectangle to C:\windows\system32     Beginning to download android images to I.MX8MQ MEK via UUU Tool (1) Downloading android DEMO images for i.MX8MQ MEK https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/i.mx-developer-resources/evaluation-kit-for-the-i.mx-8m-applications-processor:MCIMX8M-EVK?tab=Design_Tools_Tab After downloading it, decompress it to a directory.  Like below: (2) Downloading UUU Tool https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools/releases After downloading uuu.exe,  copy it to the directory of android 9.0 demo image , see above. (3) Run command “ uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mq -a -e ” ----Power on i.MX8MQ MEK. ----open a command line window ---open Hyper terminal ( set it 115200 bps) ---run “ uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mq -a -e ”           For windows 10 64bit, downloading images will be done without any errors.    But for windows 7 64bit, downloading images will stop at “ waiting for any devices”.    It means Android ADB driver will be needed. Follow the steps below to solve the problem. Right button, click “update driver” Close it.           Then downloading operations will be automatically continued. OK, done. NXP TIC team Weidong Sun 02-25-2019
View full article
This is a series of documents that intend to help you grasp he concept of the System Controller Unit (SCU) / System Controller Firmware (SCFW).    Getting started Power management service  Resource management service Pad configuration service Timer service Miscellaneous service   Other Useful resources: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-344684 (2019) i.MX 8 System Controller Unit and System Controller Firmware Overview (2018) Clusters & Infotainment: Introduction to the i.MX 8 System Controller Unit (2017  Slightly outdated, for correct boot sequence go to Chapter 5 System Boot of the Reference Manual ) System Controller Firmware command line utility for QNX and Linux You can get the latest System Controller Firmware Porting kit from the   i.MX Software and development webpage : The porting kit contains documentation and allows you to build the SCFW from source and do modifications to the board dependent parts: The API documents explain the System Controller Firmware API syntax and it has a section for introduction and general overview of the system. The port document contains information on what each board component function does and the overall process of porting the SCFW.
View full article
i.mx8x启动代码定制文档   目录 1     i.MX8X 板级开发包镜像结构 ... 2 2     创建 i.MX8QXP Linux 4.14.78_ga 板级开发包编译环境 ... 2 2.1   下载板级开发包 ... 2 2.2   创建 yocto 编译环境 : 3 3     i.MX8X SC firmware . 11 3.1   SC firmware 目录结构 ... 11 3.2   SC firmware 启动流程 ... 12 3.3   SC firmware 定制 ... 12 4     i.MX8X ATF . 18 5     FSL Uboot 定制 ... 20 5.1   FDT 支持 ... 21 5.2   DM(driver model) 支持 ... 27 5.3   Uboot 目录 结构 ... 40 5.4   Uboot 编译 ... 42 5.5   Uboot 初始化流程 ... 43 5.6   uboot 定制 ... 53 5.7   uboot debug 信息 ... 60
View full article
This document describes the i.MX 8QXP MEK mini-SAS connectors features on Linux and Android use cases, covering the supported daughter cards, the process to change Device Tree (DTS) files or Boot images, and enable these different display options on the board.
View full article
This document describes the i.MX 8MQ EVK HDMI output and mini-SAS connectors features on Linux and Android use cases, covering the supported daughter-board, the process to change Device Tree (DTS) files or Boot Images, and enable these different display options on the board.
View full article
Basic Linear Algebra Subprograms (BLAS) is a specification that prescribes a set of low-level routines for performing common linear algebra operations such as vector addition, scalar multiplication, dot products, linear combinations, and matrix multiplication. OpenBLAS is an optimized BLAS library which is uesd for deep learning accelerator in Caffe/Caffe2. I enable it in Yocto (Rocko) by adding bb file. And I build on i.MX6QP, i.MX7ULP and i.MX8MQ and also run its test example successfully. You can find test example(openblas_utest) under folder image/opt/openblas/bin of OpenBLAS work directory. Currently, version 0.3.0 is supported in the bb file. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ update to v 0.3.6 and enable mutli-thread by set USE_OPENMP=1 and USE_THREAD=4 when  compiling this library.
View full article
NOTE: Always de-power the target board and the aggregator when plugging or unplugging smart sensors from the aggregator. NOTE:  See this link to  instrument a board with a Smart Sensor. Overview The i.MX Power Profiler system consists of one to fourteen "smart" current sensors, an aggregator shield, and a Kinetis FRDM board (the FRDM-KL25 has been used in prototyping but the FRDM-K64F and FRDM-K66F should also be fully compatible). One of the biggest improvements of this system over its preceeding dual-range measurement system is that the microcontroller on each sensor board allows near-simultaneous measurement of all instrumented rails on a board. The dual range profiler has only a single MCU for all sensors, so only one measurement can be made at a time.  It is intended to be used to instrument one to fourteen rails of a target i.MX appliation board. Ideally, the target board will have been designed with a matching/mating power sense footprint for each rail to be measured.  Each smart sensor can sense current in three ranges with three current sense amplifiers. They are "smart" because each sensor board has a Kinetis KL05Z on it to control the switching FETs and to digitize the analog signals (the sense amplifier outputs and the target's power supply rail voltage). A 1% voltage regulator on each smart sensor provides a good voltage reference right next to the KL05Z to ensure better ADC accuracy. Each smart sensor board communicates via I2C. The aggregator shield has three I2C bus extenders (PCA9518) which essentially provide a dedicated I2C bus for each of the connected smart sensors. The FRDM board's I2C is also connected to one of the bus extenders ports. Individual GPIO lines are routed to each smart sensor's connected along with a ganged reset and trigger line for all of the connected smart sensors. A boost regulator generates almost 12V from the FRDM board's 5V supply, which is used for all the switching FETs on the smart sensor boards. The FRDM board's 5V rail is also routed to each smart sensor, which is regulated down to 3.3V locally on each connected smart sensor. Here is a photo of the very first prototypes after moving to 10-pin 0.05" spaced headers and ribbon cables instead of FFC: The smart sensor is intended to mate with through-hole current sense tap points on the target i.MX application board. Three holes spaced at 0.05" each. When not instrumented with sensor, a short needs to be placed across the outer two pins so that the board will function normally. The through hole connections provide physical protection to the target board, keeping traces from getting ripped off. The ground connection in the center provides a reference for meauring the rail voltage on the target board. A partial layout example of the implementation of the current sense footprint is below, where two 0805 shorting resistors in parallel are placed on each side of the holes. The top trace connects to the regulator output and the bottom to the load, usually an i.MX power supply rail. To include the current sense footprint into a board during the design phase, it should be configured as in the following partial schematic:  Every effort should be made to place the feedback on the i.MX side of the sense points so that the regulator compensates for the additional series resistance of the smart sensor, which effectively eliminates the additional series resistance the smart sensor adds. The Feedback should be before the smart sensor if the switching supply won't tolerate the additional series resistance (i.e., output becomes unstable).
View full article
  Just sharing some experiences during the development and studying.   Although, it appears some hardwares, it focuses on software to speed up your developing on your  hardware.     杂记共享一下在开发和学习过程中的经验。    虽然涉及一些硬件,但其本身关注软件,希望这些能加速您在自己硬件上的开发。 05/06/2020 Linux fw_printenv fw_setenv to access U-Boot's environment variables Linux fw_printenv fw_setenv to access U-Boot's environment variables  update and provide demo sdcard mirror for i.MX6ull evk. 03/30/2020 i.MX6 DDR calibration/stress for Mass Production https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-346065 03/25/2020 parseIVT - a script to help i.MX6 Code Signing https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-345998   02/24/2020 Linux fw_printenv fw_setenv to access U-Boot's environment variables Not authorized to view the specified document 345621  02/17/2020 Start your machine learning journey from tensorflow playground Start your machine learning journey from tensorflow playground  01/15/2020 How to add  iMX8QXP PAD(GPIO) Wakeup How to add iMX8QXP PAD(GPIO) Wakeup  01/09/2020 Understand iMX8QX Hardware Partitioning By Making M4 Hello world Running Correctly https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-345359 09/29/2019 Docker On i.MX6UL With Ubuntu16.04 https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-344462 09/25/2019 Docker On i.MX8MM With Ubuntu https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-344473 Docker On i.MX8QXP With Ubuntu https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-344474 08/28/2019 eMMC5.0 vs eMMC5.1 https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-344265 05/24/2019 How to upgrade  Linux Kernel and dtb on eMMC without UUU How to upgrade Linux Kernel and dtb on eMMC without UUU   04/12/2019 eMMC RPMB Enhance and GP https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343116 04/04/2019 How to Dump a GPT SDCard Mirror(Android O SDCard Mirror) https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343079 04/04/2019 i.MX Create Android SDCard Mirror https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343078 04/02/2019: i.MX Linux Binary_Demo Files Tips  https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343075 04/02/2019:       Update Set fast boot        eMMC_RPMB_Enhance_and_GP.pdf 02/28/2019: imx_builder --- standalone build without Yocto https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342702 08/10/2018: i.MX6SX M4 MPU Settings For RPMSG update  Update slide CMA Arrangement Consideration i.MX6SX_M4_MPU_Settings_For_RPMSG_08102018.pdf 07/26/2018 Understand ML With Simplest Code https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-341099 04/23/2018:     i.MX8M Standalone Build     i.MX8M Standalone Build.pdf 04/13/2018:      i.MX6SX M4 MPU Settings For RPMSG  update            Add slide CMA Arrangement  Consideration     i.MX6SX_M4_MPU_Settings_For_RPMSG_04132018.pdf 09/05/2017:       Update eMMC RPMB, Enhance  and GP       eMMC_RPMB_Enhance_and_GP.pdf 09/01/2017:       eMMC RPMB, Enhance  and GP       eMMC_RPMB_Enhance_and_GP.pdf 08/30/2017:     Dual LVDS for High Resolution Display(For i.MX6DQ/DLS)     Dual LVDS for High Resolution Display.pdf 08/27/2017:  L3.14.28 Ottbox Porting Notes:         L3.14.28_Ottbox_Porting_Notes-20150805-2.pdf MFGTool Uboot Share With the Normal Run One:        MFGTool_Uboot_share_with_NormalRun_sourceCode.pdf Mass Production with programmer        Mass_Production_with_NAND_programmer.pdf        Mass_Production_with_emmc_programmer.pdf AndroidSDCARDMirrorCreator https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329596 L3.10.53 PianoPI Porting Note        L3.10.53_PianoPI_PortingNote_151102.pdf Audio Codec WM8960 Porting L3.10.53 PianoPI        AudioCodec_WM8960_Porting_L3.10.53_PianoPI_151012.pdf TouchScreen PianoPI Porting Note         TouchScreen_PianoPI_PortingNote_151103.pdf Accessing GPIO From UserSpace        Accessing_GPIO_From_UserSpace.pdf        https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343344 FreeRTOS for i.MX6SX        FreeRTOS for i.MX6SX.pdf i.MX6SX M4 fastup        i.MX6SX M4 fastup.pdf i.MX6 SDCARD Secondary Boot Demo        i.MX6_SDCARD_Secondary_Boot_Demo.pdf i.MX6SX M4 MPU Settings For RPMSG        i.MX6SX_M4_MPU_Settings_For_RPMSG_10082016.pdf Security        Security03172017.pdf    NOT related to i.MX, only a short memo
View full article
Design Check Lists: HW Design Checking List for i.MX6DQSDL HW Design Checking List for i.Mx53 Hardware Design Checklist for i.MX28 HW_Design_Checking_List_for_i.MX6SoloX i.MX6UL Hardware design checklist DDR Design Tool: i.Mx6DQSDL DDR3 Script Aid MX6DQP DDR3 Script Aid i.Mx6DQSDL LPDDR2 Script Aid i.Mx6SL LPDDR2 Script Aid i.MX6SX DDR3 Script Aid I.MX6UL DDR3 Script Aid i.MX6UL_LPDDR2_Script_Aid i.MX6ULL_DDR3_Script_Aid  i.MX6ULL_LPDDR2_Script_Aid  MX6SLL_LPDDR2_Script_Aid  MX6SLL_LPDDR3_Script_Aid  I.MX53 DDR3 Script Aid i.MX8M DDR3L register programming aid  i.MX6 DDR Stress Test Tool V1.0.3 imx53 DDR stress tester V0.042 i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V3.00 i.MX8MSCALE DDR Tool Release  Application Notes: MX_Design_Validation_Guide I.MX6 series USB Certification Guides
View full article