i.MX Processors Knowledge Base

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX Processors Knowledge Base

Discussions

Sort by:
Prerequisites: The build is verified on prebuilt rootfs(based on LTIB) which can be downloaded from freescale.com or built from Yocto fsl-image-gui These steps are performed on the host: 1. Download the git respository for qt5: $ git clone git://gitorious.org/qt/qt5.git qt5     cd qt5     Let us consider this as <QTDir> 2. Create a build directory to install for the qt5 packages. This directory can be  in any loctation. For example,  $ mkdir /opt/qt5 sudo chown -R <username> /opt/qt5 Let us consider the the installdir as /opt/qt5 3. Enter the Qt5 directory and run the perl init-repository script to download all the source code for    Qt5. To download all the source code will take about an hour. $ perl init-repository 4. Download the attached linux-imx5-g++.tar.gz and copy to  qtbase/mkspecs/devices. Will try to get updstreamed. 5. From the following path $ gedit qtbase/mkspecs/devices/linux-imx5-g++/qmake.conf   6. At the top of the qmake.conf, there is a configure line. Copy and paste the configure line into a text file located    in your build build directory. Edit the configure line to find your toolchain and filesystem. Also make sure to    include the options -no-pch, -no-opengl, -opengl es2, Here is an example of    a configure line.     $ cd <QTDir>     $ cd qtbase     $  ./configure -v -opensource -confirm-license -no-pch -opengl es2 -make libs -device imx5 \     -nomake examples -nomake demos \ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.4.4-glibc-2.11.1-multilib-1.0/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi- \ -sysroot <rootfs> -no-gcc-sysroot \ -prefix <installdir> 7. Make the textfile that has the configure line and executable and run it. When the configure summary is shown make sure the Qt5    has openGL ES 2.0 support. Do build       $make     $make install    When Qt5 has finished building, Qt5 will be installed in two places:            1. <location of rootfs>/<installdir>            2. <HOST Machine>/<install dir> This is good because now all the libraries and binaries for Qt5 are installed on the host and the target filesystem. Therefore, the target already has all the libraries and  binaries needed to run Qt5. 8. Also need to build qtjsbackend and qtdeclarative.     $ cd <location to Qt5 git>     $ cd qtjsbackend     $ ../qtbase/bin/qmake -r     $ make && make install        $ $ cd <location to Qt5 git>     $ cd qtdeclarative     $ ../qtbase/bin/qmake -r     $ make && make install 9. Run Qt apps on target     - Boot the target either with NFS or SD Image     - Ensure that folder <installdir> is copied on target file system at “/usr/local”.     - Launch application using     $ cd /usr/local/qt5/examples/opengl/hellogl_es2     $ ./hellogl_es2 -platform eglfs
View full article
Note that this is for Jive 5 and we are now on Jive 6.  Things have changed in Jive 6 with respect to setting email notifications.  Your Preferences page and the new connection streams control your your notification settings now.  This document will be updated soon. There are three channels in which you get notifications of community activity, and you can use these channels most effectively if you know how to control the flow to them.  The three channels are: 1.    Activity stream in the “What Matters: Activity” page 2.    Inbox in the “What Matters: Communications” page 3.    Email Activity stream: Notifications in your Activity stream are mostly your follows – the content, people and places that you have selected to follow.  For any activity on any content, or in any place, or by anyone you follow, you will get a notification here.  This Activity stream also makes an attempt to identify the followed content that “matters most” to you.  Note that there is also a tab here which allows you to see all activity in the entire community in a single stream. You can control the activity in the “Followed Activity” tab of your Activity stream in two ways: 1.    Select “Hide” (icon to the right of the title) for any content that you no longer want to show up in your Followed Activity stream. 2.    Be selective about what and who you follow. Stop following entire spaces/groups or members who may (need to) post things that you are not interested in. You can control who you follow in your “personal page” (click on your name) or by bringing up another member’s personal page.  Control what you follow by going to the place or content and selecting/deselecting the “Follow” icon. Inbox: Fewer activity notifications are collected in your Inbox than in your Activity stream.  The Inbox usually contains activity notifications for content such as announcements, direct messages, private discussions, content you created or contributed to, or content that someone @mentioned you or shared with you.  The Inbox can also contain notifications of activities for content, places or people which you have marked as “Track in Communications”. You can control notifications in your Inbox only for content/places/people you have marked as “Track in Communication”.  The option to select/deselect tracking in communications is found: ·         in the “Actions” selector box in each place ·         in the “Actions” list next to any specific content (discussions/document) ·         in a member’s personal page It may be better to get selected notifications in your Inbox rather than getting these notifications in your email (see below). Email: Email notifications can be set up in your Preferences for content in the following categories: 1.    Content in your Communications page (Inbox) 2.    Alerts or Notifications in your Actions (not Activity) page 3.    Direct social action (@mentions, shares and direct messages) 4.    Followed activity – Places, Content, People (Activity stream) Enabling email notifications for each of these types of content is done in your “Preferences”.  Each of the above four categories can be enabled/disabled separately.  Setting each of these preferences to "On" will enable email notification for any type of activity which applies to each of these categories. Note also that notifications are enabled in the "Receive email notifications" setting found in another member's personal page (Bio tab) and in the "Actions" box in a place or content page.  You can select to "Receive email notifications” for all activities by a member, or within a place, or for specific content.  Be sure to deselect this for members, places and content that you do not want email notifications for these activities. Notifications Summary table: Category Activity Stream (What Matters: Activity) Inbox (What Matters: Communications) Email – Select Places “Follow” in upper right corner of place “Track in Communications” in place’s Actions box "Receive email notifications" in place's Actions box People “Follow” in upper right corner of member's Bio tab of his personal page “Track in Communications” in member's Bio tab Actions list "Receive email notifications" in member’s Bio tab Actions list Content “Follow” in upper right corner of content “Track in Communications” in content’s Actions list "Receive email notifications" in content's Actions list Email - All "People, places and content I'm following (Followed Activity)" in Preferences All Content: “Everything in my Communications page” in Preferences @mentions, shares, and direct messages: “Direct social actions” in Preferences - Common questions: Q: What will have the biggest impact in controlling or reducing the notifications I get in the three channels? A: In order of impact: 1.    Stop following entire places (or at least turn off email notifications for followed activity) 2.    Stop following people who post content for which you don’t need notifications (or at least turn off email notifications for followed activity) 3.    Don’t set “Track in Communication” for places, content or people unless you really want this content in your Inbox (or at least turn off email notifications for Everything in my Communications Page (Inbox) It is recommended that you do not disable email notification for “Direct Social Action” in your preferences.  These are the most important notifications. Q: I have turned off “Follow” for a group I’m in, but I keep getting emails for activity in that group or community.  What do I need to do to disable these email notifications? A: Getting email notifications for activity can be enabled by several settings, and you only need one set to enable the notifications.  Some reasons why you might get email notifications: ·         Follows – you have email notification enabled for “Followed Activity” in your Preferences: o   You are following a place.  Note that you may not be following a group, but you may still be following a project (i.e., sub-group) within the group.  Therefore, you will get notifications for activity within the project. o   You are following members of a place.  If you are following a person then you will get notifications of all activity created by that person. o   You are following content.  If you have “Follow” set for any content, e.g., discussions or documents, you will get notifications for all activity on that content. ·         Content in your Inbox – you have email notifications enabled for “Everything in my Communications Page” in your Preferences: o   Activity for content that you created or contributed to is one set of activities captured in your Inbox. o   Activity where someone @mentioned you or shared with you. o   Activity in a place, on content, or by a member that you specifically marked as “Track in Communication”. Any of the above will cause you to get an email notification of activity.  Turn off the unneeded “Follows", “Track in communication”, or "Receive email notifications".  If you do not want emails for notifications hitting your inbox, consider disabling emails for “Everything in my Communications Page” in your Preferences. CC: MPU Support Freescale Community Managers Using Freescale Community
View full article
Prerequisites: The build is verified on prebuilt rootfs(based on LTIB) which can be downloaded from freescale.com EGL uses framebuffer backend libEGL.so -> libEGL-fb.so libGAL.so -> libGAL-fb.so QT4.8 1. Download the git respository for qt4.8: $ git clone http://git.gitorious.org/qt/qt.git qt $ cd qt Let us consider this as <QTDir> 2. Create /tftpboot and point your target fileystem. As like $ mkdir -p /tftpboot $ cd /tftpboot $ ln -s $(ROOTFFS) rootfs TBD:Need to work on this to use sysroot option 3. Create a build directory to install for the qt4 packages. This directory can be  in any location. For example, $ mkdir /opt/qt4 $ sudo chown -R <username> /opt/qt4 Let us consider the the <installdir> as /opt/qt4 4. Extract the attached mkspecs(linux-imx6-g++.tar.gz) to  <QTDir>/mkspecs/qws/ 5. Apply the attached cd 0001-add-i.MX6-EGL-support.patch attached to enable egl support for i.MX6 $ cd <QTDir> $ patch -p1<0001-add-i.MX6-EGL-support.patch 6. Export CROSS-COMPILE location path to PATH $ export PATH=$PATH:/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin/ 7. Enter to the <QTDir>. Do configure. You can select the options as you like. Here is an example $ cd <QTDir> $ ./configure -qpa -arch arm -xplatform qws/linux-imx6-g++ -no-largefile -no-accessibility \ -opensource -verbose -system-libpng -system-libjpeg -system-freetype -fast -opengl es2 -egl -confirm-license \ -qt-zlib  -qt-libpng  -no-webkit -no-multimedia \ -make examples -make demos \ -release -make libs -exceptions -no-qt3support -prefix <installdir> 8. When the configure summary is shown make sure the Qt has OpenGL ES 2.0 support. Do build $ make $ make install 9. Now need to build eglfs plugin $ cd <QTDir>/src/plugins/platforms/eglfs $ make $ make install     Now the eglfs will be installed to the QT Install directory. 10. By now all required QT files are in <install directory> 11. Copy the install directory to target filesystem $ cp -rf /opt/qt4 /tftpboot/rootfs/opt/. 12. Running Qt apps on target     - Boot the target either with NFS or SD Image     - Ensure that folder <installdir> is copied on target file system at “/usr/local”.     - Launch application using $ cd /opt/qt4/examples/opengl/hellogl_es2 $ ./hellogl_es2 -platform eglfs QT5 These steps are performed on the host 1. Download the git respository for qt5: $ git clone git://gitorious.org/qt/qt5.git qt5 $ cd qt5     Let us consider this as <QTDir> 2. Create a build directory to install for the qt5 packages. This directory can be  in any loctation. For example, $ sudo mkdir /opt/qt5 $ sudo chown -R <username> /opt/qt5 Let us consider the the installdir as /opt/qt5 3. Enter the Qt5 directory and run the init-repository script to download all the source code for    Qt5. To download all the source code will take about an hour. $ ./init-repository Update:  In the latest Qt5 release the webkit library is included by default and there are some issues trying to compile it. use the next line to avoid problems if not desired to use webkit. $ ./init-repository --no-webkit 4. From the following path $ gedit qtbase/mkspecs/devices/linux-imx6-g++/qmake.conf 5. At the top of the qmake.conf, there is a configure line. Copy and paste the configure line into a text file located    in your build build directory. Edit the configure line to find your toolchain and filesystem. Also make sure to    include the options -no-pch, -no-opengl, -opengl es2, Here is an example of    a configure line. Update: In the latest Qt5 stable, the option to compile the examples/demos is -compile-examples, instead of -make examples -make demos If you are running into problems with webkit,  use the option -no-icu, this will disable the webkit. $ cd <QTDir> $ cd qtbase $ ./configure -v -opensource -confirm-license -no-pch -no-xcb -no-opengl -opengl es2  \         -make libs -device imx6 \        -compile-examples \       -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi- \        -sysroot <rootfs> -no-gcc-sysroot \       -prefix <installdir> 7. Make the textfile that has the configure line and executable and run it. When the configure summary is shown make sure the Qt5 has openGL ES 2.0 support. Do build $ make $ sudo make install    When Qt5 has finished building, Qt5 will be installed in two places:            1. <location of rootfs>/<installdir>            2. <HOST Machine>/<install dir> This is good because now all the libraries and binaries for Qt5 are installed on the host and the target filesystem. Therefore, the target already has all the libraries and  binaries needed to run Qt5. 8. Also need to build qtjsbackend and qtdeclarative. $ cd <location to Qt5 git> $ cd qtjsbackend $ ../qtbase/bin/qmake -r $ make && sudo make install $ cd <location to Qt5 git> $ cd qtdeclarative $ ../qtbase/bin/qmake -r $ make && sudo sudo make install 9. Running Qt apps on target     - Boot the target either with NFS or SD Image     - Ensure that folder <installdir> is copied on target file system at “/usr/local”.     - Launch application using $ cd /opt/qt5/examples/opengl/hellowindow $ ./hellowindow -platform eglfs FAQ: On the target file system, the location of target libaries and includes may present in arm-linux-gnueabi directory. Make sure to create soflinks to QT can find. For example $ cd $(ROOTFS)/usr/lib $ ln -s arm-linux-gnueabi/libffi.so.6 libffi.so.6 While building QT5, you may see a build error that libQt5V8.so.5 is not found. This might be some problem to be addressed in QT. Workaround is to copy all the binaries to correct path as like this $ cp  <ROOTFS>/<installdir>/lib/* <HOST Machine>/<installdir>/. What is coming up next: 1. QT on X is already available on Yocto filesystem. Steps to enable GPU Acceleration TDB. 2. QT with Wayland support.
View full article
We are very proud to announce that Element14's SabreLite i.MX6Q board is now officially supported by Adeneo Embedded's i.MX6 WEC7 BSP. As a consequence, our customers are able to use the SabreLite board from Element14 as well as the one from Boundary Devices. Follow this link for Adeneo Embedded's i.MX6 WEC7 BSP Follow this link for Element 14's SabreLite board Ce document a été généré à partir de la discussion suivante : Element14's SabreLite board officially supported by Adeneo Embedded's i.MX6 WEC7 BSP
View full article
1. Increasing the number of threads. Make sure the Parallelism variables located on conf/local.conf BB_NUMBER_THREADS: indicating how many task bitbake should run in parallel PARALLEL_MAKE: indicating how many processes make should run in parallel are not commented and with correct values. The script  setup-enviroment  automatically sets these equal to the number of CPU cores. You can double this value if you want but there is no significant speed's gain. 2. Having a local repository on the server. When baking an image, one of the first steps for each recipe is to fetch the source code (from git repos, tarballs, etc); it makes sense to reuse this data for future builds and also share it with other server's users. You can indicate bitbake to look first at a local repo (file://) on your conf/local.conf file SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "file:///opt/yocto/download/" INHERIT += "own-mirrors" BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS = "1" # BB_NO_NETWORK = "1" Just make sure the download folder has read access for all users (chmod a+r /opt/yocto/download/)
View full article
Yes. The Yocto Project site hosts some of the MX machines here. NOTES: If the machine's folder is present but it is empty, a building error may have occurred. Check the build's status for the machine on the archives or send an email to the list. Due to limited resources, not all (Freescale) machines are (nightly) built, in case you need one of these, you need to bake it yourself. You can start building following these instructions.
View full article
1. When reusing the build directory, sometimes compilation errors are seen; to overcome these, a fast solution is to clean the Share State Cache of the particular recipe/package $ bitbake <name of the recipe> -c cleansstate 2. Re-run the recipe $ bitbake <name of the recipe> 3. Re-run the bitbake command you were running, before getting into trouble. For example: $ bitbake fsl-image-gui In case the problem persists, please send the log into the mailing list or check if this issue has been reported previously.
View full article
In January 2013, Adeneo Embedded launched 2 dedicated blogs. These blogs are both run by Adeneo Embedded Windows and Linux experts, multiple time MVP awarded. The goal is to provide the windows and linux communities with specific up-to-date information as well as the latest announcements concerning these two companies. Click here to visit our Windows dedicated blog Click here to visit our Linux dedicated blog Follow, comment and subscribe ! Ce document a été généré à partir de la discussion suivante : Adeneo Embedded experts launch 2 dedicated blogs !
View full article
This is a hack to support programming EEPROM I2C devices for MX28 boot. See post at: Re: mx28 boot issues with SSP (SD card) *** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK ***
View full article
SABRE-AI Development Platform bulletin on Touch Interrupt
View full article
Overview The purpose of this doument is to introduce how to enable PCIe WiFi into i.MX6 Android release. Environment Setup Hardware: i.MX6 SABRE-SD board Software: Android Jelly Bean 4.2 Software Configurations The source codes of Intel PCIe WiFi have been integrated for i.MX6 SABRE-SD board into i.MX6 Android release. However it's disabled by default. To enable it for i.MX6 SABRE-SD board, you can do the following: Change BOARD_WLAN_VENDOR to INTEL in device/fsl board configuration files. For example, diff --git a/sabresd_6dq/BoardConfig.mk b/sabresd_6dq/BoardConfig.mk index 9c8a32d..912e752 100755 --- a/sabresd_6dq/BoardConfig.mk +++ b/sabresd_6dq/BoardConfig.mk @@ -11,7 +11,7 @@ TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME := SABRESD PRODUCT_MODEL := SABRESD-MX6DQ # Wifi -BOARD_WLAN_VENDOR                       := ATHEROS +BOARD_WLAN_VENDOR                       := INTEL # for atheros vendor ifeq ($(BOARD_WLAN_VENDOR),ATHEROS) BOARD_WLAN_DEVICE                       := ar6003 @@ -30,6 +30,7 @@ WIFI_COMPAT_MODULE_ARG                         := "" endif #for intel vendor ifeq ($(BOARD_WLAN_VENDOR),INTEL) +BOARD_WLAN_DEVICE                       := INTEL BOARD_HOSTAPD_PRIVATE_LIB               ?= private_lib_driver_cmd BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_PRIVATE_LIB        ?= private_lib_driver_cmd WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION                  := VER_0_8_X After changing BOARD_WLAN_VENDOR as "INTEL", the following files will be compiled for intel WiFi: device/fsl-proprietary/pcie-wifi/ external/wpa_supplicant_8 hardware/imx/wlan/intel/ hardware/libhardware_legacy/wifi/wifi_intel.c Enable PCIe WiFi driver in kernel_imx by running "make menuconfig" command: Select "System Type -> Freescale MXC Implementations -> PCI Express support" as "*" Select "Networking support -> Wireless ->  cfg80211 - wireless configuration API" as "*". Then select "Networking support -> Wireless -> Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking Stack (mac80211)" as "*" Select "Device Drivers ->  Network device support -> Wireless LAN -> Intel Wireless WiFi 4965AGN (iwl4965)" as "*" Then run "make" command to build kernel. The followings are the dependencies files to enable above configuration: Kernel configuration: * -> System Type -> Freescale MXC Implementations Select the PCI Express support. Then config intel WIFI driver: Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking Stack (mac80211) used by WIFI devices Symbol: MAC80211 [=y] Type : tristate Prompt: Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking Stack (mac80211) Defined at net/mac80211/Kconfig:1 Depends on: NET [=y] && WIRELESS [=y] && CFG80211 [=y] Location: -> Networking support (NET [=y]) -> Wireless (WIRELESS [=y]) Intel iwl4965 or iwl6300 card driver Symbol: IWL4965 [=y] Type : tristate Prompt: Intel Wireless WiFi 4965AGN (iwl4965) Defined at drivers/net/wireless/iwlegacy/Kconfig:65 Depends on: NETDEVICES [=y] && WLAN [=y] && PCI [=y] && MAC80211 [=y] Location: -> Device Drivers -> Network device support (NETDEVICES [=y]) Then you can follow up the instructions into Android User guide to build Android image. Known Limitation PCIe low power mode is not supported according to BSP release note. So when building in PCIe, the system suspend/resume should be disabled now.
View full article
Here are two patches to support BT656 and BT1120 output for i.MX6 ipuv3. With this patch, the i.MX6 can support the CVBS output on TV encoder. It is useful for a TV box. "L3.0.35_1.1.0_GA_bt656_output_patch.zip" is the patch for Freescale L3.0.35_1.1.0_GA_iMX6DQ BSP. "r13.4.1_bt656_output_patch.zip" is the patch for Freescale Android R13.4.1 BSP. 1. Features supported:     1) Support BT656(8 bits) and BT1120 (16 bits)interlaced output on display port.     2) Support both RGB and YUV frame buffer for BT656/BT1120 output.     3) Support PAL and NTSC mode.     4) Support on the fly switch between PAL and NTSC mode.     5) Support CVBS output based on adv7391 TV encoder. 2. Hardware link between iMX6 and adv7391 TV encoder chip.     IPU1_DI0_DISP_CLK connected to adv7391 CLKIN pin.     IPU1_DISP0_DAT_23~DISP0_DAT_16 connected to adv7391 P7~P0 pins.     IPU1_DI0_PIN2 connected to adv7391 HSYNC pin. (option)     IPU1_DI0_PIN4 connected to adv7391 VSYNC pin. (option)   - Android R13.4.1 kernel. 3. How to use -- Copy the two patch files to kernel folder.     $ git apply ./0001-Support-BT656-and-BT1120-output-for-iMX6-ipuv3.patch     $ git apply ./0002-Support-adv739x-TV-encoder-for-BT656-output.patch -- Select them in kernel config and build the new kernel image:                     Device Drivers  --->                       Graphics support  --->                           [*]   MXC BT656 and BT1120 output                           [*]   ADV7390/7391 TV Output Encoder -- Uboot parameters for video mode    Output BT656 NTSC data to display port with UVYV frame buffer mode:       "video=mxcfb0:dev=bt656,BT656-NTSC,if=BT656,fbpix=UYVY16"    Output BT656 NTSC data to display port with RGB565 frame buffer mode:       "video=mxcfb0:dev=bt656,BT656-NTSC,if=BT656,fbpix=RGB565"    Output BT656 PAL data to display port with RGB24 frame buffer mode:       "video=mxcfb0:dev=bt656,BT656-PAL,if=BT656,fbpix=RGB24"    Output CVBS NTSC signal on adv7391 with UYVY frame buffer mode:       "video=mxcfb0:dev=adv739x,BT656-NTSC,if=BT656,fbpix=UYVY16"    Output CVBS PAL signal on adv7391 with RGB565 frame buffer mode:       "video=mxcfb0:dev=adv739x,BT656-PAL,if=BT656,fbpix=RGB565" -- Switch between PAL and NTSC    $ echo D:720x480i-60 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/mode    $ echo D:720x576i-50 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/mode 4. Note     1) For 8 bits BT656 interface, the default data pins are "DISP0_DAT_23~DISP0_DAT_16", it can also        be any other continued display data pins, for example if "DISP0_DAT_7~DISP0_DAT_0" are used, the        macro "BT656_IF_DI_MSB" in "kernel_imx/drivers/mxc/ipu3/ipu_disp.c" should be changed from "23"        to "7".     2) For 16 bits BT1120 interface, the default data pins are "DISP0_DAT_23~DISP0_DAT_8", it can also        be any other continued display data pins, the macro "BT656_IF_DI_MSB" should be modified if the        hardware pins are changed.     3) When bt656 interface is the second display for each IPU,1-layer-fb (it can be checked with command        "$ cat /sys/class/graphics/fbx/fsl_disp_propperty"), the frame buffer can only be YUV format. In this        case, the IPU DC channel was used for BT656 display, it has no CSC function, so RGB frame buffer was        not supported. 2013-08-09 updated: The new release package "L3.0.35_1.1.0_GA_bt656_output_patch_2013-08-09.zip" had fixed the BT656 dual display issue on iMX6S/DL. Removed the old release package. 2013-09-04 updated: The new release package "r13.4.1_bt656_output_patch_2013-09-04.zip" had fixed the BT656 dual display issue on iMX6S/DL. For default, the dual display was tested with HDMI + CVBS, HDMI is the main display and adv739x CVBS output is the second display. For iMX6DQ which has two IPUs, please assign dual display to two IPUs, for example adv739x is on IPU1 DI0, it is fixed, because hardware pins used for it is fixed. Then we can assign HDMI or LVDS to another IPU (IPU2). For iMX6S/DL which has only one IPU, since adv739x had used IPU1 DI0, another display should be IPU1 DI1. 2013-09-30 updated: Added patch for L3.0.35_4.1.0_GA BSP, the file is "L3.0.35_4.1.0_GA_bt656_output_patch_2013-09-30.zip". 2014-07-21 updated: Added patch for L3.10.17_1.0.0_GA BSP, the file is "L3.10.17_1.0.0_GA_bt656_output_patch_2014-07-21.zip". 2015-01-26 updated: Updated the IPU microcode for 1080i50 and 1080i60 BT1120 output, the parameters "N" for command BMA is a 8 bits parameters, so its max value is 255, but for 1080i50 and 1080i60 output, it needs more blank data in each line, the "N" will be bigger than 255, the updated IPU microcode can fix this limitation. The updated file is "IPU_Microcode_Update_for_BT1120_1080i_20150126.zip". You can update the macro "DC_MCODE_BT656_xxx"  and function _ipu_dc_setup_bt656_interlaced() to the old patch if you used BT1120 mode to support 1080i display. The verified 1080i display mode is: {    /* 1080I60 Interlaced output */   "BT1120-1080I60", 30, 1920, 1080, 13468,   20, 3,   20, 2,   280, 1,   FB_SYNC_HOR_HIGH_ACT | FB_SYNC_VERT_HIGH_ACT,   FB_VMODE_INTERLACED,   FB_MODE_IS_DETAILED,}, {   /* 1080I50 Interlaced output */   "BT1120-1080I50", 25, 1920, 1080, 13468,   20, 3,   20, 2,   720, 1,   FB_SYNC_HOR_HIGH_ACT | FB_SYNC_VERT_HIGH_ACT,   FB_VMODE_INTERLACED,   FB_MODE_IS_DETAILED,}, 2016-01-28 updated: Updated IPU microcode to align with BT656.4 specification for NTSC output. For other BSP version with NTSC format support, please reference to ipu_disp_update.c for the final microcode. File "L3.0.35_4.1.0_GA_bt656_output_patch_20160128.zip"., Details, please reference to the readme.txt file in the package. 2016-06-24 update: Added BT656 and BT1120 progressive mode support. File "L3.0.35_4.1.0_GA_bt656_output_patch_20160624.zip". Details, please reference to the readme.txt file in the package. The patch for 3.14.52 GA1.1.0 BSP will be released in next week. 2016-06-27 update: Add BT656 and BT1120 display patch for 3.14.52 BSP. File "L3.14.52_1.1.0_GA_bt656_output_patch_2016-06-27.zip", details, please reference to the readme.txt in the package. 2017-03-10 update: Fixed a hard coding DC macro issue for progressive mode. Added patch "0008-Fixed-a-hard-coding-DC-macro-issue-for-progressive-m.patch" in L3.0.35_4.1.0_GA_bt656_output_patch_2017-03-10.zip. The code in patch "L3.14.52_1.1.0_GA_bt656_output_patch_2016-06-27" is correct.
View full article
Overview i.MX6Dual/Quad supports using internal LDO or bypass internal LDO. LDO bypass is helpful to save power consumption and reduce thermal under high loading use cases because the power consumption on internal LDO can be saved. The purpose of this document is to introduce how to enable LDO bypass based on i.MX6 R13.4.1 release on i.MX6Dual/Quad SabreSD board. Constraint LDO Bypass solution currently can only be applied to i.MX6Dual/Quad 1GHz. LDO bypass function will force disabled on i.MX6Dual/Quad 1.2GHz, but customer can estimate this function through limit the max ARM frequency to 1GHz by command line 'arm_freq=1000' on i.MX6Dual/Quad 1.2GHz . Hardware Voltage Settings The following table lists the voltage settings in each working CPU frequency and VPU frequency with LDO bypass solution: VPU Frequency ARM Frequency VDDARM_IN (V) VDDSOC_IN (V) 0 to 352MHz 996MHz 1.25 1.25 264-> 352MHz 702MHz 1.15 1.25 0 to 264MHz 792MHz 1.15 1.175 264->352MHz 396MHz 0.95 1.25 <264MHz 396MHz 0.95 1.175 VDDARM_IN and VDDSOC_IN voltage setting should be within the voltage range, considering the ripple: VDDARM_IN - ripple>VDDARM_INmin VDDARM_IN + ripple<VDDARM_Inmax For the Min/Max value, refer to the i.MX6Dual/Quad data sheet. The above list is based on SabreSD PFuse-100. Software Changes Please apply the patches into Android-13.4.1-LDO_BYPASS-pathes.tar.gz.gz based on R13.4.1. The change lists: uboot-imx: move LDO bypass code and one PFUZE1.0 workaround code to kernel. Remove CONFIG_MX6_INTER_LDO_BYPASS in u-boot. kernel: A set of patches are used to support LDO bypass enable/disable by command option. How to Enable/Disable LDO Bypass After applying for above patches, you can add command option into boot command line to enable or disable LDO: Command option “ldo_active=off”: Enable LDO bypass mode Command option “ldo_active=on”: Enable LDO active
View full article
1. Follow all steps from Freescale's github repo except the last bitbake command 2. The images that Freescale supports are located on the meta-fsl-demos/recipes-fsl/images folder. 3. Bake the standard Freescale image build$ bitbake fsl-image-gui 4. The produced Linux image is packaged in several formats; the .sdcard single file has all the system (u-boot + uImage + rootfs) so it can be directly flashed into an SD card build$ sudo dd if=tmp/deploy/images/fsl-image-gui-imx6qsabresd.sdcard of=/dev/sdX bs=4M NOTES: In case of building issues, please follow this link In case of booting issues, make sure: 1. board DIP switches are set correctly 2. you have chosen the correct machine before baking If issues persist, report it to the community
View full article
How to Test Yocto for i.MX6 i.MX Yocto Project: How Can I Collaborate on the Freescale Yocto Project? i.MX Yocto Project: How Can I Build the Freescale Yocto Images using bitbake? i.MX Yocto Project: How Can I Build the Freescale Yocto Images using hob? i.MX Yocto Project: What Can I Do if I Run Into a Compilation Error? i.MX Yocto Project: Are There Prebuilt Images Available? i.MX Yocto Project: How Can I Quicken the Compilation? i.MX Yocto Project: how can I conserve disk space during builds? i.MX Yocto Project: How do I add an existing package to an image? i.MX Yocto Project: Can I use a virtual machine to build? i.MX Yocto Project: How can I build an image with (latest) mainline kernel? i.MX Yocto Project: How can I (quickly) modify a package' source code and test it? i.MX Yocto Project: How can I find out the packages include on an image? i.MX Yocto Project: How can I compile the kernel manually? i.MX Yocto Project: How can I patch the kernel? i.MX Yocto Proyect: How can I create a new Layer? i.MX Yocto Project: How can I contribute to the community? i.MX Yocto Project: Where can I see current  BSP issues? i.MX Yocto Project: Where are the mainstream repositories hosted? Tutorials: Yocto Training - HOME http://www.slideshare.net/OtavioSalvador/yocto-training-in-english - Great tutorial created by the Community's maintainer (there is also a Portuguese version) i.MX Yocto Project: Freescale Yocto Project Tutorial - It covers some basic developing tasks Others: Useful bitbake commands i.MX Yocto Project: ltib versus bitbake
View full article
Attached is a chunk of the filesystem for the Linux Image https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93887
View full article
Attached is a chunk of the filesystem for the Linux Image https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93887
View full article
View full article
View full article
Attached is a chunk of the Filesystem needed to construct the Linux Image https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93887
View full article