i.MX Processors Knowledge Base

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX Processors Knowledge Base

Discussions

Sort by:
meta-avs-demos Yocto layer meta-avs-demos is a Yocto meta layer (complementary to the NXP BSP release for i.MX) published on CodeAurora that includes the additional required packages to support  Amazon's Alexa Voice Services SDK (AVS_SDK) applications. The build procedure is the described on the README.md of the corresponding branch. We have 2 fuctional branches now: imx-alexa-sdk: Support for Morty based i.mx releases imx7d-pico-avs-sdk_4.1.15-1.0.0: legacy support for Jethro releases The master branch is only used to collect manifest files, that used with repo init/sync commands will fetch the whole environment for the 2 special supported boards: i.MX7D Pico Pi and i.MX8M EVK. However the meta-avs-demos can be used with any i.MX board either. Recipes to include Amazon's Alexa Voice Services in your applications. The meta-avs-demos provides the required recipes to build an i.MX image with the support for running Alexa SDK. The imx-alexa-sdk branch is based on Morty and kernel 4.9.X and it supports the next builds: i.MX7D Pico Pi i.MX8M EVK Generic i.MX board For the i.MX7D Pico Pi and i.MX8M EVK there is an extended support for additional (external) Sound Cards like: TechNexion VoiceHat: 2Mic Array board with DSPConcepts SW support Synaptics Card: 2 Mic with Sensory WakeWord support The Generic i.MX is for any other regular i.MX board supported on the official NXP BSP releases. Only the default soundcard (embedded) on the board is supported. Sensory wakeword is currently only enabled for those with ARMV7 architecture. To support any external board like the VoiceHat or Synaptics is up to the user to include the additional patches/changes required. Build Instructions Follow the corresponding README file to follow the steps to build an image with Alexa SDK support README-IMX7D-PICOPI.md README-IMX8M-EVK.md README-IMX-GENERIC.md
View full article
NOTE: Always de-power the target board and the aggregator when plugging or unplugging smart sensors from the aggregator. The aggregator portion of the i.MX Power Profiling System sits between the "smart" current sensor boards and the host computer. It provides power and signal connections to each connected sensor board. The communication is done over I2C, where three I2C bus extenders (PCA9518) effectively provide a dedicated bus to each I2C device, to better allow for cabling.  More information will follow... A photo, layout images and schematic attached below.   MBED source for the FRDM-KL25Z is available here: 30848-KL25Z-AGGREGATOR    Smart Sensor Connections At each smart sensor header JP0-JP13, these are the connections provided: 5V: powers the 3.3V regulator on each sensor board 12V: all the gates of all the switching FETs are pulled pulled up to 12V GND: ground connection SCL/TX0: I2C clock line  SDA/RX0: I2C data line  SWD_CLK:  global line for triggering smart sensors to make measurements RESET_B:  global line for resetting all smart sensor boards SWD_IO_n: individual select line for each smart sensor I2C Bus Connection Three I2C bus extenders (PCA9518) provide buffered connections between the FRDM board and all the connected smart sensors. The bus extenders were added to allow for longer cables between the aggregator and the smart sensor boards. Each bus extender has five ports and along with connections that allow extending the bus to more bus extenders. Gate Supply The aggregator contains a boost regulator that boost the 5V input from the FRDM board to 12V. The boosted voltage is fed to each of the smart sensor headers. It's used by the smart sensor board to pull up the gates of the switching FETs above any of the rails under test by at least 4.5V in order to benefit from a lower Rds(on). Caution must be exercised with some older FRDM boards since the 5V from the USB connection passes through diodes with a maximum current of 200mA.  The boost regulator and the load presented by the smart sensor boards may exceed the diode's limit and damage it. (Yes, it's happened... two older FRDM-KL25Z boards were used during development. One of them failed with the diode shorted (~0.05 Ohms), so everything kept working. The other failed with a  short of ~45 Ohms, so it kind of worked but not really...) Application Code for Aggregator  To date, application code has only been developed for the FRDM-KL25Z board. The latest application code resides at: https://os.mbed.com/users/r14793/code/30848-KL25Z-AGGREGATOR/, with the latest binary attached below. SWD Programming of Smart Sensors  Connectors J5 and JP15 are provided as an adapter for programming the smart sensor boards via SWD. JP15 provides power to the smart sensor board, since they have no direct 3.3V input for the KL05Z. An SWD programmer (or suitably modified FRDM-KL05Z board) connects to J5. Both connections use 10-pin 0.05"-spaced ribbon cables. Additionally, when a smart sensor is connected to JP15, J6 provides access to the UART pins of the smart sensor (the I2C pins on the smart sensor also mux out the UART of the KL05Z). No hardware changes are necessary at all; changing the code running on the smart sensor is all that's required. In fact, during the initial prototyping of the smart sensors, the serial UART connection was used instead of I2C. Modify Aggregator To Use SWD Dongle To Program Smart Sensor:  Add a wire as shown on the bottom side of the aggregator board as shown below. This ties 3.3V on the aggregator to the debug header, enabling the voltage level translators on the dongle to communicate with the KL05Z on the smart sensor board.  
View full article
NOTE: Always de-power the target board and the aggregator when plugging or unplugging smart sensors from the aggregator. NOTE: See this link to instrument a board with a Smart Sensor. Overview The i.MX Power Profiler system consists of one to fourteen "smart" current sensors, an aggregator shield, and a Kinetis FRDM board (the FRDM-KL25 has been used in prototyping but the FRDM-K64F and FRDM-K66F should also be fully compatible). One of the biggest improvements of this system over its preceeding dual-range measurement system is that the microcontroller on each sensor board allows near-simultaneous measurement of all instrumented rails on a board. The dual range profiler has only a single MCU for all sensors, so only one measurement can be made at a time.  It is intended to be used to instrument one to fourteen rails of a target i.MX appliation board. Ideally, the target board will have been designed with a matching/mating power sense footprint for each rail to be measured.  Each smart sensor can sense current in three ranges with three current sense amplifiers. They are "smart" because each sensor board has a Kinetis KL05Z on it to control the switching FETs and to digitize the analog signals (the sense amplifier outputs and the target's power supply rail voltage). A 1% voltage regulator on each smart sensor provides a good voltage reference right next to the KL05Z to ensure better ADC accuracy. Each smart sensor board communicates via I2C. The aggregator shield has three I2C bus extenders (PCA9518) which essentially provide a dedicated I2C bus for each of the connected smart sensors. The FRDM board's I2C is also connected to one of the bus extenders ports. Individual GPIO lines are routed to each smart sensor's connected along with a ganged reset and trigger line for all of the connected smart sensors. A boost regulator generates almost 12V from the FRDM board's 5V supply, which is used for all the switching FETs on the smart sensor boards. The FRDM board's 5V rail is also routed to each smart sensor, which is regulated down to 3.3V locally on each connected smart sensor. Here is a photo of the very first prototypes after moving to 10-pin 0.05" spaced headers and ribbon cables instead of FFC: The smart sensor is intended to mate with through-hole current sense tap points on the target i.MX application board. Three holes spaced at 0.05" each. When not instrumented with sensor, a short needs to be placed across the outer two pins so that the board will function normally. The through hole connections provide physical protection to the target board, keeping traces from getting ripped off. The ground connection in the center provides a reference for meauring the rail voltage on the target board. A partial layout example of the implementation of the current sense footprint is below, where two 0805 shorting resistors in parallel are placed on each side of the holes. The top trace connects to the regulator output and the bottom to the load, usually an i.MX power supply rail. To include the current sense footprint into a board during the design phase, it should be configured as in the following partial schematic:  Every effort should be made to place the feedback on the i.MX side of the sense points so that the regulator compensates for the additional series resistance of the smart sensor, which effectively eliminates the additional series resistance the smart sensor adds. The Feedback should be before the smart sensor if the switching supply won't tolerate the additional series resistance (i.e., output becomes unstable).
View full article
Host TFTP and NFS Configuration Now configure the Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server and Networked File System (NFS) server. U-Boot will download the Linux kernel and dtb file using tftp and then the kernel will mount (via NFS) its root file system on the computer hard drive. 1. TFTP Setup   1.1.1 Prepare the TFTP Service   Get the required software if not already set up. On host for TFTP: Install TFTP on Host $ sudo apt-get install tftpd-hpa   (Note: There are a number of examples in various forums, etc, of how to automatically start the TFTP service - but not all are successful on all Linux distro's it seems! The following may work for you.)   Start the tftpd-hpa service automatically by adding a command to /etc/rc.local. $ vi /etc/rc.local   Now, just before the exit 0 line edit below command then Save and Exit. $ service tftpd-hpa start  Now, To control the TFTP service from the command line use: $ service tftpd-hpa restart    To check the status of the TFTP service from the command line use: $ service tftpd-hpa status   1.1.1 Setup the TFTP Directories Now, we have to create the directory which will contain the kernel image and the device tree blob file. $ mkdir -p /imx-boot/imx6q-sabre/tftp Then, copy the kernel image and the device tree blob file in this directory. $ cp {YOCTO_BUILD_DIR}/tmp/deploy/images/{TARGET}/zImage /imx-boot/imx6q-sabre/tftp $ cp {YOCTO_BUILD_DIR}/tmp/deploy/images/{TARGET}/<dtb file> /imx-boot/imx6q-sabre/tftp   OR we can use the default directory created by yocto {YOCTO_BUILD_DIR}/tmp/deploy/images/{TARGET}/ The tftpd-hpa service looks for requested files under /imx-boot/imx6q-sabre/tftp The default tftpd-hpa directory may vary with distribution/release, but it is specified in the configuration file: /etc/default/tfptd-hpa. We have to change this default directory with our directory   Edit default tftp directory $ vi /etc/default/tftpd-hpa   Now, change the directory defined as TFTP_DIRECTORY with your host system directory which contains kernel and device tree blob file. Using created directory TFTP_DIRECTORY=”/imx-boot/imx6q-sabre/tftp” OR Using Yocto directory path TFTP_DIRECTORY=”{YOCTO_BUILD_DIR}/tmp/deploy/images/{TARGET}” Restart the TFTP service if required $ service tftpd-hpa restart   1.2 NFS Setup 1.2.1 Prepare the NFS Service Get the required software if not already set up. On host for NFS: Install NFS on Host $ sudo apt-get install nfs-kernel-server The NFS service starts automatically. To control NFS services : $ service nfs-kernel-server restart To check the status of the NFS service from the command line : $ service nfs-kernel-server status 1.2.2 Setup the NFS Directories Now, we have to create the directory which will contain the root file system. $ mkdir -p /imx-boot/imx6q-sabre/nfs   Then, copy the rootfs in this directory. $ cp -R {YOCTO_BUILD_DIR}/tmp/work/{TARGET}-poky-linux-gnueabi/{IMAGE}/1.0-r0/rootfs/* /imx-boot/imx6q-sabre/nfs   OR we can use the default directory created by yocto. $ {YOCTO_BUILD_DIR}/tmp/work/{TARGET}-poky-linux-gnueabi/{IMAGE}/1.0-r0/rootfs 1.2.3 Update NFS Export File The NFS server requires /etc/exports to be configured correctly to access NFS filesystem directory to specific hosts. $ vi /etc/exports Then, edit below line into the opened file. <”YOUR NFS DIRECTORY”> <YOUR BOARD IP>(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check) Ex. If you created custom directory for NFS then, /imx-boot/imx6q-sabre/nfs <YOUR BOARD IP>(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check) Ex: /imx-boot/imx6q-sabre/nfs 192.168.*.*(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check) OR /{YOCTO_BUILD_DIR}/tmp/work/{TARGET}-poky-linux-gnueabi/{IMAGE}/1.0-r0/rootfs <YOUR BOARD IP>(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)   Now, we need to restart the NFS service. $ service nfs-kernel-server restart   2 Target Setup   We need to set up the network IP address of our target. Power On the board and hit a key to stop the U-Boot from continuing. Set the below parameters, setenv serverip 192.168.0.206       //This must be your Host IP address The path where the rootfs is placed in our host has to be indicated in the U-Boot, Ex. // if you choose default folder created by YOCTO setenv nfsroot /{YOCTO_BUILD_DIR}/tmp/work/{TARGET}-poky-linux-gnueabi/{IMAGE}/1.0-r0/rootfs   OR // if you create custom directory for NFS setenv nfsroot /imx-boot/imx6q-sabre/nfs Now, we have to set kernel image name and device tree blob file name in the u-boot, setenv image < zImage name > setenv fdt_file <dtb file name on host> Now, set the bootargs for the kernel boot, setenv netargs 'setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} ${smp} root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp nfsroot=${serverip}:${nfsroot},v3,tcp' Use printenv command and check loadaddr and fdt_addr environment variables variables for I.MX6Q SABRE, loadaddr=0x12000000 fdt_addr=0x18000000   Also, check netboot environment variable. It should be like below, netboot=echo Booting from net ...; run netargs; if test ${ip_dyn} = yes; then setenv get_cmd dhcp; else setenv get_cmd tftp; fi; ${get_cmd} ${image}; if test ${boot_fdt} = yes || test ${boot_fdt} = try; then if ${get_cmd} ${fdt_addr} ${fdt_file}; then bootz ${loadaddr} - ${fdt_addr}; else if test ${boot_fdt} = try; then bootz; else echo WARN: Cannot load the DT; fi; fi; else bootz; fi; Now, set environment variable bootcmd to boot every time from the network, setenv bootcmd run netboot Now finally save those variable in u-boot: saveenv Reset your board; it should now boot from the network: U-Boot 2016.03-imx_v2016.03_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga+ga57b13b (Apr 17 2018 - 17:13:43 +0530)  (..) Net:   FEC [PRIME] Normal Boot Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0   Booting from net ... Using FEC device TFTP from server 192.168.0.206; our IP address is 192.168.3.101 Filename 'zImage'. Load address: 0x12000000 Loading: #################################################################         #################################################################         #################################################################         #################################################################         #################################################################         #################################################################         ###########################################################         2.1 MiB/s done Bytes transferred = 6578216 (646028 hex) Using FEC device TFTP from server 192.168.0.206; our IP address is 192.168.3.101 Filename 'imx6q-sabresd.dtb'. Load address: 0x18000000 Loading: ####         1.8 MiB/s done Bytes transferred = 45893 (b345 hex) Kernel image @ 0x12000000 [ 0x000000 - 0x646028 ] ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 18000000   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x18000000   Using Device Tree in place at 18000000, end 1800e344 switch to ldo_bypass mode!   Starting kernel ...
View full article
The i.MX Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 GA release is now available from IMX_SW page. Overview -> BSP Updates and Releases -> Android 8.0.0 Oreo (O8.0.0_1.0.0, 4.9 kernel)   Files available: # Name Description 1 android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_docs.tar.gz i.MX Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 BSP Documentation 2 imx-o8.0.0_1.0.0_ga.tar.gz i.MX Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 proprietary surce code for i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6DualPlus, i.MX 6Dual, i.MX 6DualLite, i.MX 6Solo  i.MX 6Sololite, i.MX6SX and i.MX7D 3 android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_image_6dqpsabreauto.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 BSP - SABRE for Automotive Infotainment based on i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad, and i.MX 6DualLite 4 android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_image_6dqpsabresd.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 BSP - SABRE Platform and SABRE Board based on i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6DualLite. 5 android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_image_6slevk.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 BSP - i.MX 6Sololite evaluation kit. 6 android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_image_6sxsabresd.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 BSP - SABRE Board based on i.MX 6SoloX 7 android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_image_6sxsabreauto.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 BSP - SABRE for Automotive infotainment based on i.MX 6SoloX 8 android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_image_7dsabresd.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 BSP - SABRE Board based on i.MX 7Dual 9 fsl_aacp_dec_O8.0.0_1.0.0.tar.gz AAC Plus Codec for O8.0.0_1.0.0 10 android_O8.0.0_1.0.0_tools.tar.gz Manufacturing Toolkit and VivanteVTK for O8.0.0_1.0.0   Supported Hardware SoC/Boards: i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6QuadPlus, and i.MX 6DualLite SABRE-SD board and platform i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6QuadPlus, and i.MX 6DualLite SABRE-AI board and platform i.MX 6SoloLite EVK platform i.MX 6SoloX SABRE-SD board and platforms i.MX 6SoloX SABRE-AI board and platforms i.MX 7Dual SABRE-SD board and platform   Changes: Compared to the N7.1.2_2.0.0 release, this release has the following major changes: Upgraded the Android code base from android-7.1.2_r9 to android-8.0.0_r25. Removed the device partition and added the vendor partition. Enabled ION-based gralloc and EGL. Feature: For features please consult the release notes.   Known issues For known issues and more details please consult the Release Notes.
View full article
The i.MX Android N7.1.2_2.0.0 GA release is now available on IMX_SW page.   Files available: # Name Description 1 android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_docs.tar.gz i.MX Android N7.1.2_2.0.0 BSP Documentation 2 android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_source.tar.gz Source Code of Android N7.1.2_2.0.0 BSP (4.1 kernel) for i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6DualPlus, i.MX 6Dual, i.MX 6DualLite, i.MX 6Solo i.MX 6Sololite, i.MX6SX and i.MX7D 3 android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_image_6dqpsabreauto.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.2_2.0.0 BSP - SABRE for Automotive Infotainment based on i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad, and i.MX 6DualLite 4 android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_image_6dqpsabresd.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.2_2.0.0 BSP - SABRE Platform and SABRE Board based on i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6DualLite. 5 android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_image_6slevk.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.2_2.0.0 BSP - i.MX 6Sololite evaluation kit. 6 android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_image_6sxsabresd.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.2_2.0.0 BSP - SABRE Board based on i.MX 6SoloX 7 android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_image_6sxsabreauto.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.2_2.0.0 BSP - SABRE for Automotive infotainment based on i.MX 6SoloX 8 android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_image_7dsabresd.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.2_2.0.0 BSP - SABRE Board based on i.MX 7Dual 9 fsl_aacp_dec.tar.gz AAC Plus Codec for N7.1.2_2.0.0 10 android_N7.1.2_2.0.0_tools.tar.gz Manufacturing Toolkit and VivanteVTK for N7.1.2_2.0.0   Supported Hardware SoC/Boards: i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6QuadPlus, and i.MX 6DualLite SABRE-SD board and platform i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6QuadPlus, and i.MX 6DualLite SABRE-AI board and platform i.MX 6SoloLite EVK platform i.MX 6SoloX SABRE-SD board and platforms i.MX 6SoloX SABRE-AI board and platforms i.MX 7Dual SABRE-SD board and platform   Changes: Compared to the N7.1.1_1.0.0 release, this release has the following major changes: Upgraded the Android code base from android-7.1.1_r13 to android-7.1.2_r9. Upgraded U-Boot from v2015.04 to v2017.03. Upgraded the kernel from v4.1.15 to v4.9.17. Upgraded the GPU driver from 6.2.0.p2 to 6.2.2.p1. Upgraded the Wi-Fi BCMDHD release version to 1.141.100.6. Refine the Gralloc and HWC HAL. Enable the GPT partition to replace the MBR partition.   Feature: For features please consult the release notes.   Known issues For known issues and more details please consult the Release Notes.
View full article
The Linux L4.9.11_1.0.0 RFP(GA) for i.MX6 release files are now available on www.nxp.com    Files available: # Name Description 1 L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_images_MX6QPDLSOLOX.tar.gz i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6DualPlus, i.MX 6Dual, i.MX 6DualLite, i.MX 6Solo, i.MX 6Solox Linux Binary Demo Files 2 L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_images_MX6SLEVK.tar.gz i.MX 6Sololite EVK Linux Binary Demo Files 3 L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_images_MX6UL7D.tar.gz i.MX 6UltraLite EVK, 7Dual SABRESD, 6ULL EVK Linux Binary Demo Files 4 L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_images_MX6SLLEVK.tar.gz i.MX 6SLL EVK Linux Binary Demo Files 5 L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_images_MX7ULPEVK.tar.gz i.MX 7ULP EVK Linux Binary Demo Files  6 L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_mfg-tools.tar.gz i.MX Manufacturing Toolkit for Linux L4.9.11_1.0.0 BSP 7 L4.9.11_1.0.0-ga_gpu-tools.tar.gz L4.9.11_1.0.0 i.MX VivanteVTK file 8 bcmdhd-1.141.100.6.tar.gz The Broadcom firmware package for i.MX Linux L4.9.11_1.0.0 BSP. 9 imx-aacpcodec-4.2.1.tar.gz Linux AAC Plus Codec for L4.9.11_1.0.0 10 fsl-yocto-L4.9.11_1.0.0.tar.gz L4.9.11_1.0.0 for Linux BSP Documentation. Includes Release Notes, User Guide.   Target boards: i.MX 6QuadPlus SABRE-SD Board and Platform i.MX 6QuadPlus SABRE-AI Board i.MX 6Quad SABRE-SD Board and Platform i.MX 6DualLite SABRE-SD Board i.MX 6Quad SABRE-AI Board i.MX 6DualLite SABRE-AI Board i.MX 6SoloLite EVK Board i.MX 6SoloX SABRE-SD Board i.MX 6SoloX SABRE-AI Board i.MX 7Dual SABRE-SD Board i.MX 6UltraLite EVK Board i.MX 6ULL EVK Board i.MX 6SLL EVK Board i.MX 7ULP EVK Board (Beta Quality)   What’s New/Features: Please consult the Release Notes.   Known issues For known issues and more details please consult the Release Notes.   More information on changes, see: README: https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/tree/README?h=imx-morty ChangeLog: https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/tree/ChangeLog?h=imx-morty
View full article
Requirements: Host machine with Ubuntu 14.04 UDOO Quad/Dual Board uSD card with at least 8 GB Download documentation and install latest Official Udoobuntu OS (at the moment of writing: UDOObuntu 2.1.2), https://www.udoo.org/downloads/   Overview: This document describes how to install and test Keras (Open source neural network library) and Theano (numerical computation library for python ) for deep learning library usage on i.MX6QD UDOO board.  Installation: $ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade update your date system: e.g. $ sudo date -s “07/08/2017 12:00” First satisfy the run-time and build time dependencies: $ sudo apt-get install python-software-properties software-properties-common make unzip zlib1g-dev git pkg-config autoconf automake libtool curl  python-pip python-numpy libblas-dev liblapack-dev python-dev libatlas-base-dev gfortran libhdf5-serial-dev libhdf5-dev python-setuptools libyaml-dev libpython2.7-dev $ sudo easy_install scipy The last step is installing scipy through pip, and can take several hours. Theano First, we have a few more dependencies to get: $sudo pip install scikit-learn $sudo pip install pillow $sudo pip install h5py With these dependencies met, we can install a stable Theano release from the git source: $ git clone https://github.com/Theano/Theano $ cd Theano Numpy 1.9 cause conflicts with armv7, so we need to change the setup.py configuration: $ sudo nano setup.py Remove line    #       install_requires=['numpy>=1.9.1', 'scipy>=0.14', 'six>=1.9.0'], And add setup_requires=["numpy"], install_requires=["numpy"], Then install it: $ sudo python setup.py install Keras The installation can occur with the command: (this could take a lot of time!!!) $ cd .. $ git clone https://github.com/fchollet/keras.git $ cd keras $ sudo python setup.py install $ LC_ALL=C $sudo pip install --upgrade keras After Keras is installed, you will want to edit the Keras configuration file ~/.keras/keras.json to use Theano instead of the default TensorFlow backend. If it isn't there, you can create it. This requires changing two lines. The first change is: "image_dim_ordering": "tf"  --> "image_dim_ordering": "th" and the second: "backend": "tensorflow" --> "backend": "theano" (The final file should look like the example below) sudo nano ~/.keras/keras.json {     "image_dim_ordering": "th",     "epsilon": 1e-07,     "floatx": "float32",     "image_data_format": "channels_last",     "backend": "theano" } You can also define the environment variable KERAS_BACKEND and this will override what is defined in your config file : $ KERAS_BACKEND=theano python -c "from keras import backend" Testing Quick test: udooer@udoo:~$ python Python 2.7.6 (default, Oct 26 2016, 20:46:32) [GCC 4.8.4] on linux2 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> import keras Using Theano backend. >>>  Test 2: Be aware this test take some time (~1hr on udoo dual): $ curl -sSL -k https://github.com/fchollet/keras/raw/master/examples/mnist_mlp.py | python Output: For demonstration, deep-learning-models repository provided by pyimagesearch and from fchollet git, and also have three Keras models (VGG16, VGG19, and ResNet50) online — these networks are pre-trained on the ImageNet dataset, meaning that they can recognize 1,000 common object classes out-of-the-box. $ cd keras $ git clone https://github.com/fchollet/deep-learning-models $ Cd deep-learning-models $ ls -l Notice how we have four Python files. The resnet50.py , vgg16.py , and vgg19.py  files correspond to their respective network architecture definitions. The imagenet_utils  file, as the name suggests, contains a couple helper functions that allow us to prepare images for classification as well as obtain the final class label predictions from the network Classify ImageNet classes with ResNet50 ResNet50 model, with weights pre-trained on ImageNet. This model is available for both the Theano and TensorFlow backend, and can be built both with "channels_first" data format (channels, height, width) or "channels_last" data format (height, width, channels). The default input size for this model is 224x224. We are now ready to write some Python code to classify image contents utilizing  convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) pre-trained on the ImageNet dataset. For udoo Quad/Dual use ResNet50 due to avoid space conflict. Also we are going to use ImageNet (http://image-net.org/) that is an image database organized according to the WordNet hierarchy, in which each node of the hierarchy is depicted by hundreds and thousands of images. from keras.applications.resnet50 import ResNet50 from keras.preprocessing import image from keras.applications.resnet50 import preprocess_input, decode_predictions import numpy as np   model = ResNet50(weights='imagenet')   #for this sample I download the image from: http://i.imgur.com/wpxMwsR.jpg  img_path = 'elephant.jpg' img = image.load_img(img_path, target_size=(224, 224)) x = image.img_to_array(img) x = np.expand_dims(x, axis=0) x = preprocess_input(x)   preds = model.predict(x) # decode the results into a list of tuples (class, description, probability) # (one such list for each sample in the batch) print('Predicted:', decode_predictions(preds, top=3)[0]) Save the file an run it. Results for elephant image: Top prediction was 0.8890 for African Elephant Testing with this image: http://i.imgur.com/4FIOwAN.jpg Results: Top prediction was: 0.7799 for golden_retriever. Now your Udoo is ready to use Keras and Theano as Deep Learning libraries, next time we are going to show some usage example for image classification models with OpenCV. References: GitHub - fchollet/keras: Deep Learning library for Python. Runs on TensorFlow, Theano, or CNTK.  GitHub - Theano/Theano: Theano is a Python library that allows you to define, optimize, and evaluate mathematical expres…  GitHub - fchollet/deep-learning-models: Keras code and weights files for popular deep learning models.  Installing Keras for deep learning - PyImageSearch 
View full article
The i.MX Android N7.1.1_1.0.0 release is now available on Web Site (i.MX6 BSP Updates and Releases -> Android).   Files available: # Name Description 1 android_N7.1.1_1.0.0_docs.tar.gz i.MX Android N7.1.1_1.0.0 BSP Documentation 2 android_N7.1.1_1.0.0_source.tar.gz Source Code of Android N7.1.1_1.0.0 BSP (4.1 kernel) for i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6DualPlus, i.MX 6Dual, i.MX 6DualLite, i.MX 6Solo  i.MX 6Sololite, i.MX6SX and i.MX7D 3 android_N7.1.1_1.0.0_image_6dqpsabreauto.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.1_1.0.0 BSP - SABRE for Automotive Infotainment based on i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad, and i.MX 6DualLite 4 android_N7.1.1_1.0.0_image_6dqpsabresd.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.1_1.0.0 BSP - SABRE Platform and SABRE Board based on i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6DualLite. 5 android_N7.1.1_1.0.0_image_6slevk.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.1_1.0.0 BSP - i.MX 6Sololite evaluation kit. 6 android_N7.1.1_1.0.0_image_6sxsabresd.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.1_1.0.0 BSP - SABRE Board based on i.MX 6SoloX 7 android_N7.1.1_1.0.0_image_6sxsabreauto.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.1_1.0.0 BSP - SABRE for Automotive infotainment based on i.MX 6SoloX 8 android_N7.1.1_1.0.0_image_7dsabresd.tar.gz Binary Demo Files of Android N7.1.1_1.0.0 BSP - SABRE Board based on i.MX 7Dual 9 android_N7.1.1_1.0.0_tools.tar.gz Manufacturing Toolkit and VivanteVTK for N7.1.1_1.0.0   Supported Hardware SoC/Boards: MX 6Quad, i.MX 6QuadPlus, and i.MX 6DualLite SABRE-SD board and platform MX 6Quad, i.MX 6QuadPlus, and i.MX 6DualLite SABRE-AI board and platform MX 6SoloLite EVK platform MX 6SoloX SABRE-SD board and platforms MX 6SoloX SABRE-AI board and platforms MX 7Dual SABRE-SD board and platform   Changes: Compared to the M6.0.1_2.1.0 release, this release has the following major changes: Upgraded the Android platform version to Android 7.1. Upgraded the U-Boot and Linux Kernel Code base from the L4.1.15_1.0.0 release to the L4.1.15_1.2.0-ga release. Added support for the i.MX 7Dual SABRE-SD board. Upgraded the GPU driver from 5.0.11p8 to 6.2.0.p2.   Feature: For features please consult the release notes.   Known issues For known issues and more details please consult the Release Notes.
View full article
When configuring i.MX6 IPU IDMAC CPMEM parameters or debugging it, it's hard to find the value of a parameter inside the 160 bits word. This web tool separates the 160 bits words into parameters making it easier to check their values. Link: i.MX Tools 
View full article
The purpose of the document is to help customer setup development  environment of android BSP, The document includes the following contents: 1.Setup environment for compiling android BSP source code 2. Setup tftp and NFS environment for android development 3. Common Steps of Porting android  to customized borad ( L3.0.35 kernel) Note: (1) ubuntu version is suitable for 12.04/14.04/15.04 (2) android BSP version is 4.2.2 / 4.3 / 4.4.2  If cusotmer is using android5.1.1 / android 6.0 or above, The way of porting kernel should be focused on adjusting device tree. (3)Each andoid BSP has its own MFG tools version. User should pay attention to this, don't use wrong version of MFG Tools. NXP TIC team Weidong Sun
View full article
MIPI can support video streaming over 1, 2, 3 and 4 lanes. On i.MX6 Sabre boards, the OV5640 camera supports 1 or 2 lanes and the NXP Linux Kernel uses 2 lanes as default. In order to use only one lane, follow the steps below: 1 - Change the board Device Tree on Linux Kernel. On file <linux kernel folder>/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi, find the entry "&mipi_csi" and change lanes from 2 to 1. 2 - Configure OV5640 to use only one lane instead of two. On file <linux kernel folder>/drivers/media/platform/mxc/capture/ov5640_mipi.c, change the register 0x300e value from 0x45 to 0x05. This register setup is located at struct ov5640_init_setting_30fps_VGA. 3 - Build the kernel and device tree files. 4 - Test the camera. Unit test can be used to test the video capture: /unit_tests/mxc_v4l2_overlay.out -di /dev/video1 -ow 1024 -oh 768 -m 1 5 - Checking if it's really using one lane. MIPI_CSI_PHY_STATE resgister (address 0x021D_C014) provides the status of all data and clock lanes. During video streaming using 2 lanes, the register value constantly changes its value between 0x0000_0300 and 0x0000_0330. When using only one lane, this register value constantly changes its value between 0x0000_0300 and 0x0000_0310. To read the register value during the stream, run the video test with &: /unit_tests/mxc_v4l2_overlay.out -di /dev/video1 -ow 1024 -oh 768 -m 1 & Now, run the memtool: /unit_tests/memtool -32 0x021dc014 1 i.MX6DL running mxc_v4l2_overlay.out with only one lane:
View full article
From iMX 3.1x kernel, all kernel debug messages will be print to debug serial port after UART driver loaded, so if the kernel hang up before tty console driver ready, there will be no kernel boot up messages.   The attached patch can be used to enable the iMX serial debug console in early time, then kernel will not buffer the debug messages.   Note: the default patch is for UART1 (tty0) as the debug port, if you need use other debug port, please modify the code "early_console_setup()" with correct UART port base address.   L3.10.53-Add-early-console-for-debug-message.patch This patch is based on L3.10.53_GA1.1.0 release, it can support iMX6S/DL/D/Q.   L3.14.52-Add-early-console-for-debug-message.patch This patch is based on L3.14.52_GA1.1.0 release, it can support iMX6S/DL/D/Q, iMX6SL, iMX6SX, iMX6UL and iMX7.  
View full article
The patches are based on iMX6 L3.10.53 and 3.14.52 GA BSP.   In default linux BSP, the followed two pathes were supported in kernel driver mxc_v4l2_capture.c: CSI->IC->MEM CSI->MEM   After appied these patches, it can support the followed path: CSI->VDI->IC->MEM CSI->VDI->MEM In this mode, the VDI de-interlace will be handled on the fly, so the whole system bandwidth will be reduced.   Limitations: 1. Since the IC can only output resolution up to 1024*1024, so this is the limation on output. 2. Only VDI motion mode 2 was supported.   mxc_v4l2_tvin.zip: It is the test aplication, test command for CSI->VDI->IC->MEM ("-i 2" means CSI->VDI->IC->MEM path.): ./mxc_v4l2_tvin.out -ol 0 -ot 0 -ow 800 -oh 480 -i 2 -g2d"   test command for CSI->VDI->MEM ("-i 3" means CSI->VDI->MEM path.): ./mxc_v4l2_tvin.out -ol 0 -ot 0 -ow 800 -oh 480 -i 3 -g2d"  
View full article
Some Chinese customers using i.MX series SoC maybe encounter some issues when they download android , u-boot & kernel source code by 'git' command, the following steps will show customer how to get them: 1. Getting repo --No.1 methord # cd ~ # mkdir myandroid # mkdir bin # cd bin # git clone git://aosp.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/android/git-repo.git/ <if git failed, use : git clone https://aosp.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/android/git-repo.git/> # cd git-repo # cp ./repo ../ --No.2 methord # cd ~ # mkdir bin # curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo # chmod a+x ~/bin/repo [Note]Customers can select one of above to get "repo" 2. Modifying repo File Open ~/bin/repo file with 'gedit' and Change google address From        REPO_URL = 'https://gerrit.googlesource.com/git-repo' To        REPO_URL = 'git://aosp.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/android/git-repo'        like following: ## repo default configuration ## REPO_URL = 'git://aosp.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/android/git-repo' REPO_REV = 'stable' 3、Setting email address # cd ~/myandroid # git config --global user.email "weidong.sun@nxp.com" # git config --global user.name "weidong.sun" [ Email & Name should be yours] 4、Getting manifest # ~/bin/repo init -u https://aosp.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/android/platform/manifest -b android-5.1.1_r1 # cd ~/myandroid/.repo # gedit manifest.xml        Then change the value of fetch to " git://aosp.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/android/ ", like following: <manifest>   <remote name="aosp"            fetch="git://aosp.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/android/" />   <default revision="refs/tags/android-5.1.1_r1" ...... [Note] android-5.1.1_r1 is version of branch,customer can change it to another. 5、# ~/bin/repo sync          [Note] During runing repo sync, maybe errors will occur like the following: ...... * [new tag]         studio-1.4 -> studio-1.4 error: Exited sync due to fetch errors          Then 'repo sync' exits. But don't worry about it, continue to run the command please ! " ~/bin/repo sync", downloading source code will be continous. 6、Getting Cross Compiler # cd ~/myandroid/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm # git clone https://aosp.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/android/platform/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.6 # cd arm-eabi-4.6 # git checkout android-4.4.3_r1 7、Getting linux kernel source code        Probably, customer can't normally get linux kernel by using "git clone" command, she can download it directly from the following weblink:        http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/        At first, create a temperary directory, then download kernel into the directory. see following steps: # cd ~ /Downloads # mkdir linux-kernel   Atfer downloading l5.1.1_2.1.0-ga.tar.gz, use 'tar zxvf l5.1.1_2.1.0-ga.tar.gz' command to decompress it.        Then you can find a subdirectory name " l5.1.1_2.1.0-ga" is created, linux source code is in the directory, we should copy all files in the directory to ~/myandroid/kernel_imx/ # cd ~/myandroid # mkdir kernel_imx # cd kernel_imx # cp -a ~ /Downloads/linux-kernel/l5.1.1_2.1.0-ga ./ 8、Getting uboot source code               Probably, customer can't normally get linux kernel by using "git clone" command, she can download it directly from the following weblink:       http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git/        We can use similar way to that of linux kernel to get u-boot source code: # cd ~ /Downloads # mkdir u-boot        Download l5.1.1_2.1.0-ga.tar.gz file, and save it in ~ /Downloads/ u-boot, then decompress it, then u-boot source code will be in ~ /Downloads/ u-boot / l5.1.1_2.1.0-ga/, we should copy all file in the path to ~/myandroid/bootable/bootloader/uboot-imx/ # cd ~/myandroid/bootable/bootloader # mkdir uboot-imx # cd uboot-imx # cp -a ~ /Downloads/u-boot/l5.1.1_2.1.0-ga/* ./ 9、Patch android BSP source code        android_L5.1.1_2.1.0_consolidated-ga_core_source.gz is the name of patch. Run following command to patch android. # copy android_L5.1.1_2.1.0_consolidated-ga_core_source.gz /opt/ # tar zxvf android_L5.1.1_2.1.0_consolidated-ga_core_source.gz # cd /opt/ android_L5.1.1_2.1.0_consolidated-ga_core_source/code/ # tar zxvf L5.1.1_2.1.0_consolidated-ga.tar.gz # cd ~/myandroid # source /opt/ android_L5.1.1_2.1.0_consolidated-ga_core_source/code/ L5.1.1_2.1.0_consolidated-ga/ and_patch.sh # help # c_patch /opt/ android_L5.1.1_2.1.0_consolidated-ga_core_source/code/ L5.1.1_2.1.0_consolidated-ga/ imx_L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga        If everything is OK, the following logs will display on console:               **************************************************************        Success: Now you can build the Android code for FSL i.MX platform               ************************************************************** 10、Patch Freescale extended feathures code        Please refer to chapter 3.3 of Android_User's_Guide.pdf to patch another 2 files:        (1) android_L5.1.1_2.1.0_consolidated-ga_omxplayer_source.gz        (2) android_L5.1.1_2.1.0_consolidated-ga_wfdsink_source.gz [Note]       As for other steps, such as compiling etc, please refer to Android_User's_Guide.pdf that released by NXP. TICS team Weidong Sun 04/01/2016
View full article
The default FSL android BSP support 1 SD card slot. If customer need to support more sd slot in android.Please reference below steps. There are two steps need to set up. 1 device/fsl.git NOTE: 1  change the fstab. 2194000 is the address of usdhc2.             2  change the mount point in storage_list.xml diff --git a/sabresd_6dq/fstab.freescale b/sabresd_6dq/fstab.freescale index 7f23edb..1529a27 100644 --- a/sabresd_6dq/fstab.freescale +++ b/sabresd_6dq/fstab.freescale @@ -4,6 +4,7 @@ # specify MF_CHECK, and must come before any filesystems that do specify MF_CHECK /devices/soc0/soc.0/2100000.aips-bus/2198000.usdhc/mmc_host /mnt/media_rw/extsd vfat defaults voldmanaged=extsd:auto +/devices/soc0/soc.0/2100000.aips-bus/2194000.usdhc/mmc_host /mnt/media_rw/extsd_expand vfat defaults voldmanaged=extsd_expand:auto /devices/soc0/soc.0/2100000.aips-bus/2184000.usb/ci_hdrc.0  /mnt/media_rw/udisk vfat defaults voldmanaged=udisk:auto /dev/block/mmcblk3p5    /system      ext4    ro,barrier=1                                                                               wait,verify /dev/block/mmcblk3p4    /data        ext4    nosuid,nodev,nodiratime,noatime,nomblk_io_submit,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic    wait,encryptable=/dev/block/mmcblk3p9 diff --git a/sabresd_6dq/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/storage_list.xml b/sabresd_6dq/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/storage_list.xml index 3639bdc..c3f5105 100644 --- a/sabresd_6dq/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/storage_list.xml +++ b/sabresd_6dq/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/storage_list.xml @@ -41,6 +41,10 @@               android:storageDescription="@string/storage_sd_card"               android:primary="false"               android:removable="true" /> +    <storage android:mountPoint="/storage/extsd_expand" +             android:storageDescription="@string/storage_sd_card" +             android:primary="false" +             android:removable="true" />      <storage android:mountPoint="/storage/udisk" 2  system/core.git NOTE: mkdir the mount point. build@scmbld2:~/maddev_lp5.1_consolidate_ga_10_30/system/core/rootdir$ git diff diff --git a/rootdir/init.rc b/rootdir/init.rc index 2211cc2..fac37c2 100644 --- a/rootdir/init.rc +++ b/rootdir/init.rc @@ -72,7 +72,9 @@ on init      mkdir /storage 0751 root sdcard_r      mkdir /mnt/media_rw/extsd 0755 system system +    mkdir /mnt/media_rw/extsd_expand 0755 system system      symlink /mnt/media_rw/extsd /storage/extsd +    symlink /mnt/media_rw/extsd_expand /storage/extsd_expand      mkdir /mnt/media_rw/udisk 0755 system system
View full article
The vbs file is a script file in mfgtool. In fsl android lollipop consolidate and later MFGTOOL version, You just need add a new vbs item for new board and have not need to change the ucl2.xml. The below is the example struct. Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.shell") wshShell.run "mfgtool2.exe -c ""linux"" -l ""SDCard-Android"" -s ""board=sabresd"" -s ""folder=sabresd"" -s ""soc=6dl"" -s ""mmc=2"" -s ""data_type=-f2fs""" Set wshShell = Nothing Explain for each option: -l: storage type      There three type for android: Nand-Android\eMMC-Android\SDCard-Android -s: extend variable      board: It is used to download uboot and dts in init system.      folder: there are three type: sabresd sabreauto evk                the android image is located in: files/android/%folder%/      soc: Used to define android image name. types: 6q, 6dl, 6sx, 6sl.      mmc: define the storage idex.      data_type: if the type of data partition is f2fs, need define data_type=-f2fs      ldo: if the board is 1.2G, need to define it to -ldo      plus: if the board is 6qp, need too define it to p
View full article
  IMX6 S/DL for consumer has both PXP and IPU. Automotive and Industrial versions doesn't have PXP. As IMX6 also has IPU, the Linux framebuffer driver uses IPU and not PXP. Note : “pxp_v4l2_test.out” from unit_tests was made for processors (i.MX6 SL), that have only PXP and its framebuffer driver applies PXP to accelerate image processing. “pxp_v4l2_test.out” should not be used with i.MX6 S/DL. To test PXP device with i.MX6 S/DL users have to try “pxp_test.out”.
View full article
It is based on L3.0.35_GA4.1.0 BSP.   In default Linux BSP, there are 3 kinds of de-interlace mode, motion =0,1,2 mode, motion mode 0 and 1 will use three fields for de-interlace, and motion mode 2 wil use one field for de-interlace, so the whole fps is 30. In this mode, for motion mode 0 and 1, field 1,2,3 was used for first VDI output frame of display; and field 3,4,5 was used for second VDI output frame of display; field 5,6,7 was used for third VDI output frame of display. One field data (such as 2,4,6) was used only once, so there is data lost.   After applied these patches, the VDI de-interlace output will be 60fps: for motion mode 0 and 1, field 0,1,2 was used for first VDI output frame of display; and field 1,2,3 was used for second VDI output frame of display; field 2,3,4 was used for third VDI output frame of display. So all field data will be used twice, there is no video data lost, the VDI quality was improved.   Kernel patches: 0001-Add-MEM-to-VDI-to-MEM-support-for-IPU.patch 0002-Add-IPU-IC-memcpy-support.patch 0003-IPU-VDI-support-switch-odd-and-even-field-in-motion-.patch 0004-IPU-VDI-correct-vdi-top-field-setting.patch   mxc_v4l2_tvin_imx6_vdi_60fps.zip: this is the test application sample code.   Test commands, parameter "-vd" means double fps VDI: ./mxc_v4l2_tvin.out -ol 0 -ot 0 -ow 720 -oh 480 -m 0 -vd  
View full article
The document includes the following contents: (1)document how to port ov5646 to android jb4.2.2 (2) ov5645 driver for Linux 3.0.35 (3) ov5645 schematic based on i.MX6Q/DL (4)ov5645 for android camera HAL   [Note:]      P5V29A-0JG is a camera module based on OV5645, and PAO532-0JG is based on OV5640, both manufactured by NINGBO SUNNY OPOTECH CO.LTD (China), If customer wants to use them on i.MX6 platform, can send me email to ask for datasheets of P5V29A & PAO532 , or discuss corresponding questions on porting.   Email: weidong.sun@freescale.com
View full article