i.MX Yocto Project: Are There Prebuilt Images Available?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes. The Yocto Project site hosts some of the MX machines here.

NOTES:

• If the machine's folder is present but it is empty, a building error may have occurred. Check the build's status for the machine on the archives or send an email to the list.
  • Due to limited resources, not all (Freescale) machines are (nightly) built, in case you need one of these, you need to bake it yourself. You can start building following these instructions.
Labels (1)
Comments

How do you know what package (feature) is included in the prebuild images?

For example, for the I.MX53 QSB: http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/nightly/CURRENT/machines/imx53qsb/

What is the difference between the "core-image-lsb-sdk" and the "core-image-minimal" ?

Also, how do you know if the image support GPU accelaration ?

thanks

ssinfod.

when the folder is empty, then there was a building issue. I am not sure if there is a log showing the error, OtavioSalvador any idea?

1. I do not know. I believe autobuilder takes the latest commit on master and start building from it, sorry OtavioSalvador but you know this also :smileyhappy:

2. Check the recipes for these two: ./poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb ./poky/meta/recipes-extended/images/core-image-lsb-sdk.bb

BTW, core-image-minimal is the most minimalistic image you can get.

3. Good question. Take a look at the fsl-* images, and look at the packages group being installed. The fsl packages are being define here ./meta-fsl-demos/recipes-fsl/packagegroup/packagegroup-fsl.bb and the GPU library is included here

SOC_TOOLS_TESTAPPS_mx6 = " \

gpu-viv-bin-mx6q \

gst-fsl-plugin-gplay \

"

Leo

Also, the error applies also to the past days builds... Therefore, it does not affect only the CURRENT build.

ssinfod

Right, the better place to find built images is at http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/pub/releases/CURRENT/machines/

It is empty but I will check why; should be fixed soon.

Thanks Otavio. I have replaced the link with the one you suggested.

Leo

hi all,

both links for prebuilt images show the location as "forbidden"

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎02-08-2013 11:01 AM
Updated by: