Variscite introduces a Freescale i.MX6 1GHz Cortex-A9 System-on-Module at only 42USD

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variscite introduces a Freescale i.MX6 1GHz Cortex-A9 System-on-Module at only 42USD

The VAR-SOM-SOLO small form factor System-on-Module carries an advanced feature-set and broad connectivity options, making it an ideal solution for customers and products in the embedded market.

Staying on-trend with the market’s shift towards a cost-effective highly integrated off-the-shelf solution, the VAR-SOM-SOLO from Variscite levels the playing ground for a broad spectrum of embedded products. Bringing all the benefits of the widely successful VAR-SOM-MX6, the VAR-SOM-SOLO from Variscite carries much smaller dimensions and a slim lined price-point.  Features include Freescale’s i.MX6 1GHz Cortex-A9, SLC NAND, eMMC, dual band Wi-Fi/BT with MIMO, USB, Gigabit Ethernet, A/V interfaces and industrial operating temperatures. The VAR-SOM-SOLO utilizes a standard SO-DIMM 200pins interface to the carrier board, fully pin-to-pin compatible with the VAR-SOM-MX6.

solo.jpg

Ohad Yaniv, Variscite’s CEO, explains the strategy behind the new System-on-Module: “In today’s market, we believe the compact VAR-SOM-SOLO presents a true synergy between an impressive feature set and an affordable price-point. We feel the newly introduced SoM reflects a constantly evolving embedded application concept that requires advanced multimedia features, in a compact and cost efficient solution.”

Key features include:

- Freescale i.MX6 1000MHz single Cortex-A9

- Up to 1GB DDR3, 512MB SLC NAND and 64GB eMMC

- Certified Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4/5GHz with optional 2x2 MIMO

- Bluetooth 4.0/BLE

- Full 1080p video encode/decode capability

- Vivante GPU 2D/3D graphics accelerator

- Display: 2x LVDS, HDMI1.4, MIPI DSI

- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet

- USB 2.0: Host, OTG

- PCIe

- Audio In/Out

- Camera inputs: MIPI CSI, parallel

- Dual CAN, UART, I2C, SPI

- Industrial temperature -40 to 85°C

- Dimensions: 33mm x 68mm x 4mm

Availability and Pricing:
The VAR-SOM-SOLO is available now. Pricing starts at 42USD.

Contact
sales@variscite.com or +972 9 9562910 for more information.

About Variscite:
Variscite is a leading System on Modules (SoM) and Single-Board-Computer (SBC) design and manufacture company. A trusted provider of development and production services for a variety of embedded platforms, Variscite transforms clients’ visions into successful products.

Learn more about Variscite, visit www.variscite.com

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎11-10-2014 10:17 AM
Updated by: